SMD - Small MIDI Device

how many types of device are you working on ?

more tests :slight_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/gugabox/smdar-rng
the synth sound comes from the MM and is not affected by the SMD which is only generating random notes sent to the AR

:slight_smile: ā€¦got a couple on the listā€¦weā€™ll see how it goes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wheres mine? :stuck_out_tongue:

:joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :alien: ā€¦those little ā€˜thingsā€™ that hide meticulously and come out when you least expect itā€¦ :astonished:

Are they the little ā€˜thingsā€™ that I think youā€™re talking about? I find some of those little ā€˜thingsā€™ every now and then as wellā€¦ chasing one of those little ā€˜thingsā€™ right nowā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€¦one could think of ā€˜themā€™ as lil mushrooms: oh! ā€¦lookā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

a couple of audio tests to listen to :slight_smile:

in the first test, only one track was used (no samples) and towards the end there are some random hits on different tracks

Interestedā€¦will keep an eye on this topicā€¦:slight_smile:

ā€¦it has finally come time to leave the cave for some ā€˜on the roadā€™ tests
whatā€™s next? wellā€¦ in the next few days iā€™ll setup a page from where you guys can get one of these :slight_smile:

important to know:

• this version is a beta therefore you should be aware of the risks that come with it. iā€™ve spent lot of time testing it before deciding to let it out but this doesnā€™t mean itā€™s 100% bugs free, thatā€™s where you come in help :slight_smile:
  • iā€™ve got a limited number of PCBs available for this batch (8) so if you feel like diving in before the others do, just drop me an email so i can put one aside
  • i still have to define a retail price but it should be something between ā‚¬40-ā‚¬60 (+shipping) most expensive part of it being the enclosure :\ (anyone with a spare laser cutter? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
  • there wonā€™t be firmware upgrades for this wee controller iā€™m afraid so itā€™s going to be a ā€˜one offā€™ production (reason for having spent lot of time testing) so if this is something you donā€™t feel comfortable with, please refer to the first point in the list :slight_smile:

if you have more questions please do let me know. a short manual will be available soon so youā€™ll have a chance to look at all the features and get an idea of ā€˜whatā€™s in the boxā€™
thatā€™s all for just now, peace

What a pretty machineā€¦ I bet that will be lots of funā€¦

Soā€¦ just to clarifyā€¦

Knob controls awesome amount.
Left button triggers the awesome.
Right button triggers the even more awesome.

?

i expect home delivery to wedding

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

thanks guga! great news.

just to be clear here: you mean users should expect no added features in the future, but you are still planning to fix bugs as users report them?

[quote="ā€œdubathonicā€"]
thanks guga! great news.

just to be clear here: you mean users should expect no added features in the future, but you are still planning to fix bugs as users report them?[/quote]
for this version there wonā€™t be bug fixes/added features because thereā€™s no way to upgrade the firmware (unless i get the controller back and reprogram it and then send it back to you), this has mainly to do with design rather than anything else
iā€™m already working on the new version which will come with firmware upgrade feature but for that iā€™ll need to make some changes to both PCB and firmware therefore iā€™ll need some time to accommodate that.

nonetheless, this is a fully functional version of the final product and as iā€™ve spent quiet a lot of time testing it, there shouldnā€™t be tooo many issues with it, a bit like an old school synth at the time, when developers had to get things right and not just leave it up to firmware upgrades :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
hope this helps clear things up a bit more :slight_smile:

1 Like

:astonished: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: looking forward to see some ā€˜in-gameā€™ action :slight_smile:

Hooray, its the first field testā€¦

um, the machinedrum can do this anyway ā€¦with the ctrlal machine or holding the function buttonā€¦

am i missing something ?

edit: oh, right ā€¦ that you can assign it to specific parameters. ok.