Smallest interface with at least 6 inputs?

Radial Key Largo has HQ sound quality, stereo send/return, USB I/O and works with iPads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Picked mine up LNIB for $350.
Even in this insane market, there are deals to be had if you’re patient.

1 Like

The TC Blender is fun and small but you probably will need a bunch of extra cables and adaptors. I wish I’d got right angle 3.5mm jacks for my cables as it turns into a big spaghetti spider… . Still, as a mini mixer it’s great, 6 stereo ins and 4 stereo outs (sure, for headphones but who cares - i use them as sends to a zoom h5 recorder and analog heat). Still haven’t got around to test as an interface with ipads though, but I’ve seen examples of people using it with AUM and all inputs available. Personally wish it was 12/4 rather than 12/2 in audio interface mode.

1 Like

if youre gonna need a couple mic pres…small is right out (at least smaller than a mk5)
And it seems people were happier w/ their mk4’s over the mk5’s

If you can deal with 4 input and no mic pres:
https://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44usb+/

1 Like

Did you try to use it as and audio interface yet? What kind of latency are you seeing? (also @ Stone262)

1 Like

strange that RME Babyface was not mentioned so far.

https://www.rme-audio.de/babyface-pro-fs.html

1 Like

It’s only 4x2 unless you’ve got an ADAT box, and there are very few small ADAT boxes.

barely used it so far… latency seemed pretty small, but can’t give precise numbers.

1 Like

Ok but nothing like this I presume?

Replaced my UR44 with a UR44C just because. It’s been great for me! I enjoy having loopback now! :smiley:

Was asking this question myself, looking at class-compliant 4x4s that support 24 bit (so not the really tiny RCA-only, 18-bit ESI 4x4) and ended up picking the MOTU m4. Gonna use it to give my Mod Duo X a bit more I/O.

expert sleepers es-9: 16 in 16 out on just 16 hp, fits in any small modular case

1 Like

+1 for this 1010 Bluebox amazing bit of kit

Except it’s not an interface so won’t suit the OP’s requirements

2 Likes

Focusrite 6i6?

tbh I only tried with my iPad (since that’s what I bought it for) but no - no latency like that.
More like a few ms - I actually had to turn off the direct monitoring from the app because otherwise I would get a doubled signal, slightly off phase… so it wasn’t that extreme at all

Ok great - thanks! Quite tempted - but a bit off-putting the investment I need to make in cables / adapters since 95% of my gear is regular jack sized

I would suggest you buy at least a single 1/4 out to mini TRS and try that first… if it works for you, then you buy all the cables you need

The cable spaghetti with the Blender is real! I think I spent half as much again on mini trs to dual 1/4 ts and mono ts to mini trs mono. If I had my time again all the mini trs plugs would be right angled so i could wrap them underneath and cable tie them together.

1 Like