Smallest interface with at least 6 inputs?

I am pretty knowledgeable about most audio interfaces, but I’m wondering if anyone has any tips on the smallest one available that has at least 6 inputs. I want to run my Digitone, Digitakt, and Medusa through my iPad all at once on separate channels. This would be a lot easier if iOS allowed for multiple audio inputs, but unfortunately, that is not the case.

Any ideas?

I’ve considered the Focusrite 8i6 and 18i8, but they’re a bit larger than I’d like.

Motu 8A

1 Like

Oh snap. That looks perfect. Wish I had $750! Haha

1010 music bluebox.

4 Likes

Does it work as a multi IO interface?

5 Likes

Roland Go Mixer Pro?

Has the following inputs, so you will probably need some Y cables to connect to the miniature stereo jacks.

INSTRUMENT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
LINE IN 1 jack: Stereo miniature phone type
LINE IN 2 jack: Stereo miniature phone type
GUITAR/BASS jack: 1/4-inch phone type (supports high impedance)
PLUG IN MIC jack: Miniature phone type (supports plug-in power)
MIC jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4-inch TRS phone, phantom power DC 48 V, 6 mA max.)
MONITOR OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
USB port: USB Micro-B type

No, not unless there’s been a massive new announcement from 1010, sadly.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Have you use this guy? It looks like basically 3 stereo inputs and 3 mono inputs?

Yes, 9 channels for input. I haven’t tried one, thought about getting one but they seem to be out of stock. Might be able to get one on eBay for a reasonable price if you hold out as seem some sellers are charging way above RRP.

1 Like

It seems almost perfect. Like many of these small interfaces, though, it’s only 2io for USB.

1 Like

Oh, that saves me the hassle of trying in the future.

1 Like

How about Zoom H6?

4 inputs + 2 mics. Need all 6. Otherwise I’d be all about it.

My old edirol (roland) ua101 still serves me well - 2 instrument/mic ins, 6 line ins, 2 digital ins. And 8 analogue and 2 digital outs as well. They’re cheap too.

KMI K-Mix

4 Likes

Yeah, it seems that this or the Focusrite are my best options depending on how much I’m trying to spend. Thanks!

I think you can add this to the Zoom H6 to replace the 2 mics: EXH-6 | ZOOM

1 Like

Oh cool. So that makes the whole thing like $400. Not to bad of a deal, esp. with the 2 mics.

1 Like

If you look for an old Scarlett focusrite 8i they’re really cheap and great quality. I grabbed mine for about 200