SM-LL label & artists

Are you ‘the’ pokk?
As in 0000, 0002 and 0010?

Sorry just checked your profile, it is you!
Welcome, love your output :smiley:

1 Like

Hey

Indeed, thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile:
Glad you are enjoying the releases and thanks for supporting the label.

Just stumbled across this forum and been wanting to get some Elektron products for a while and saw some nice support here so signed up.

M

8 Likes

Hey! Love your music and SM-LL. Nice to have you here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great!
Totally love the label, been smashing the latest release since it dropped, usual high quality, just inst-buy from now on as I have the back catalogue!

Be very interested to hear what you do with any Elektron device!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
Very nice to be here.

Really happy your enjoying everything. :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve been very keen to get the Analog Rytm MKII, I reckon that’ll be ideal for live performance, esp the Typeface project. Individual outputs alone is huge, but it weighs less than my soundcard. Amazing. Definitely on the list.

2 Likes

Funny as I suspected the Rytm would be up your street!
The Typeface Kerning tracks are by far my favourites!
Go for it man, it’s a great instrument and I must recommend ‘Collider’ (by @mekohler) on iOS if you have an iPad too, enough for many many years of exploration.

1 Like

I think it might this year, looks so pretty too.

Thx. I need to get back into the Kerning stuff I think.

1 Like

Please do! On both counts :+1:t3:

The OT isn’t half the instrument the AR is, the AR sounds glorious esp with analog warming inside, however, the OT makes an unbeatable partner for a NMG1 (with midi control, none from AR) and the OT is astonishingly flexible especially for bringing gear together and getting to places you can’t with synthesis. They demand to be used differently. But OT/NM makes a good combination (as it does with the Nord Rack 2 which I recall you had back in the day … 4 out-4 in 4 part multi w 8 midi tracks to hand and dual fx per 8 audio tracks ) - anyway, a bit OT (no pun intended) - and welcome indeed - mono-log was a great project, your sound aesthetic is right up my street - looking forward to see where you go with the Elektron stuff further down the line

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve heard similar thinking from other people as well. I think the AR is most appealing for live use which has always been a problem for me as my studio gear is pretty old and heavy, and normally half broken haha. I like the idea of carrying a light weight AR, maybe a few 1U fx and borrowing venue mixer and having a good part of that jamming feel on the desk I like so much.

I still have the Nord Rack 2, an amazing synth, blown up my old NS10’s tweeter showing that machine off. I almost sold both Nords many years ago when I was seriously broke, but my (now) wife threatened to leave me if I did. I am very glad I still have all 3 :slight_smile:
I need to get back on the Nord work, been a while since I have used them actually. I have been using the free G2 demo a bit tho.
Pleased you enjoyed the project. I think the website will be removed later this year, but the patches are still on Github.

2 Likes

If you pardon my asking, what did/do you do to remove that high frequency whine in the G2 Demo?
Unless, quite plausibly, it’s my sound card…
I do have a G2 Engine (best thing I think I have ever bought) but do still fire up the demo as it’s blimmin’ ace!

Or is that all in the magic of your unmastering process? :wink:

Hmm thats a strange one, I’ve not experienced that whine. Actually I did lots to try and introduce some noise into the signal by having things lower volume…unless my ears are a bit fried, but can’t remember seeing it on any signal meter.

haha, yeah, I can’t say I am a big fan of overly mastering things. I like it raw and frequencies to get in the way of each other. It doesn’t seem natural to have sounds all separated, I mean I can’t think of that happened in our perception to nature so I guess that’s why it always sounds a little clinical to my ears.

1 Like

Ah! More than likely my dodgy old novation Speedio then :persevere:.
Thanks for the insight, I think the Analogue Heat pairs well with the G2.
I remember when I first got hold of the demo, had a massive spurt of creativity, had so many files to edit, got heavily into the Bode frequency shifter patch in the manual and lost hours modifying and experimenting with all the modules.
I built patches that I still can’t fathom!

I’m always intrigued by the suggestion of frequencies introduced when sounds merge or collide, can fully understand your stance there, it’s great.

You have me looking at lots of Elektron products again haha.

Yeah I’m finding listening back to certain older music and re-discovering some really interesting structures and sound balance that I just don’t hear as much anymore. Seems massively tied to music around at the time but more so equipment and combinations of equipment. Something that I always find is where the magic really happens.

1 Like

@pokk all this talk of Typeface and Kerning made me think of this, you may have already discovered it but anyways it’s a really interesting and hypnotic set of recordings.

welcome onboard @pokk. started to listen to some of the releases on BC …enjoying so far :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Oh nice, not heard this, will have a listen thx

1 Like

Thx @guga :nerd_face:
Pleased you’re enjoying them.

1 Like

Curling up on the sofa with my new cushion.

4 Likes