Skewed Digitone

I received my Digitone today. When I started using it, I noticed that it rocks slightly when pressing keys in the lower right part. I looked underneath and the rubber feet look OK. It seems the chassis is slightly skewed. It’s not the desk, because when I put my Syntakt at the same spot, it does not rock.
Anybody else noticed this?

I think I’ve seen something like that mentioned before…

found the ST thread, there’s a mention how to skew it back or maybe try replacing it, if it bothers you too much…

Sometimes it’s just „bent“ unevenly through temperature differences. It might help to lose the screws holding the top plate and see if that makes it sit flat. Then carefully fixing the screws again. Had that with a couple of gear – would definitely try before applying brutal force.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that.

it takes 10 seconds to rectify the tiny effects of temperature/handling flex. -it’s exactly what Elektron would do if returned. save all those air miles and search for instructions or ask Elektron about it

No need to loosen when i did this twice, just take it slowly

if top right corner and bottom left are free-er than others, just rest the steady(other) diagonal on a desk edge and gently push into top right / bottom left … it doesn’t take much

on another occasion i just put a bit of tape under one foot, my table isn’t especially flat, so there’s never a perfect base for most things

as ever, use common sense, take it cautiously and progressively until it sits better

4 Likes

I loosened the screws and retightened while pressing down the offending corners with my fingers. This solved the problem 100%.

7 Likes

That’s happening right now with my brand new DT2.
What should I do? Unscrew just a little bit the screws of the faceplate? My machine is rocking when I press the lower right buttons (tracks 7, 8, 15 & 16). Wich screws do I have to unscrew and re-screw?

Any help would be welcome, since I don’t want to return the DT2 (I don’t think this is a reason for returning it) but I don’t like it rocking all the time either.

Yes, unscrew all screws on the faceplate a little bit.
Make sure you put the DT on a really flat surface.
Press down the corners that are “in the air” and while holding them depressed, tighten the screws.

2 Likes

My Syntakt is slightly wobly, if we trade both your devices will have a woble :bulb:

1 Like