Wobbly Syntakt

Hi Folks,
I received mine about a week ago and played w/ it. I just noticed on Saturday that it’s really wobbly -it doesn’t lay flat. I removed the rubber feet to see if the rattle would go away and it didn’t. I’m a little disappointed and not sure if that qualifies as a returnable product flaw.
I’m curious if anyone else experienced this.
-Rich

so many aluminum-shelled products do this. Just find something to stick under one of the rubber feet and it should be fine.

1 Like

This would worry me. Especially after the problems with the TE OP-Z warping and having so many buttons multi-trigger. I’ve probably had 25 groove boxes over the years and never had one come warped. If the base is warped and the main circuit board is attached to the base it could cause future problems.

Damn. Title got me excited someone had some cool whobbly bass they wanted to share

22 Likes

It’s not made from aluminum, it’s made from steel.

3 Likes

my bad!

This is a fact of geometry, three points defines a plane perfectly, and a fourth point is never in that plane.

Read what Olle of Elektron says about fixing a RYTM with the same issue.

There are other suggestions in that thread as well as several other threads on this topic.

10 Likes

This is what I was about to suggest.

Loosen the front panel hex (2.5) 3m screws. Hold opposite corners down and tighten the screws again. Helps if you have 3 hands.

7 Likes

I did the same thing with my tracker. Pick your spot on the table and shim one corner. Covering your table with a black yoga mat would probably work too.

I bent my Electribe like that back in the day. Worked fine

1 Like

I bent back my electribe too. When I turned it on pad 16’s led had snuffed it. When I opened it up, I could see that I had probably been flexing the circuit board.

A very thin mousepad fixes all those issues for me.

1 Like

Yeah I remember my Access virus C was like that, I’d get sea sick every time I used it :joy:

Gear I’ve owned that wobbles.

Lyra 8
AR (MK2)
TR-8
Waldorf Streichfett
Kaoss Pad

Number of times it’s been a problem that a small square of Gorilla tape couldn’t solve - 0

6 Likes

I’ve owned probably 20+ different Elektrons over the years and, from memory, every one has had a wobble of sorts. Usually not much at all (like my ST) and never annoying or off putting.

Use some tape and you’ll be golden.

Quite the record! On the opposite, the Octatrack, Rytm, Heat and Syntakt I own don’t have any wobble at all!

The Waldorf Blofeld on the other hand, is wobbly like hell and I’ve tried to bend it into a better shape, but never successfully. I went the other way and adjusted the surface it stands on instead to avoid the wobble.

1 Like

my syntakt is perfectly flat (lucky).

most of my other gear wobbles. lol

OP-Z plastic tho…

Syntakt metal.

No bendy bendy.

5 Likes

My wooden DIY stands and old tables make the gear wobble.
It’s pretty hard to unwobble, so I use some beer coasters here and there.

2 Likes

a cheeky bit of blutack works wonders too