Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

6 Likes

That is a thing of beauty.

Stupid question: how do you attach the ELZ-1 to the shelf and do you think that would be sturdy enough for a portable rack case?

I use double sided tape (too trailer park?) for small bits (bomebox, thru box, usb hub, etc) but want to shelf/rack some heavier gear and looking for options.

It’s not attached at all, meant to be moved or taken out of the space for making new sounds on the back deck etc.

The pedals behind it WILL be secured with heavy duty Velcro, pedalboard-style, as I don’t want those to slide around. I imagine that would work fine on the ELZ-1 if you want it to stay put in a portable rack setup.

These are the fairly inexpensive sliding shelves on Reverb but seem solid enough. The back of them have mount holes for rear rails that would make them super solid, but this rack doesn’t have rails on the back side. Fine for my application as everything is pretty light.

2 Likes

this kind of reminds me of a 70s style james bond scene where Q is about to present a watch that can shoot missiles.

2 Likes

My contribution though I’m ditching these 27u racks for some 15s and a 42. The 15s will for the base of a desk and all the 3 u modules will get moved to a new 42u rack.

25 Likes

If I may, where did you source those shelves? They are far more efficient than the ones I am using now which take up an entire rack space just for the shelf as it is more of a box, and not open on the front and back like yours. Thanks in advance!

I got mine on Reverb here-

Your setup is super baller btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, and yours too! I wish I could get my studio that crisp!

1 Like

Just been installing some new stuff, iConnectivity MIO XL and x2 Furman power

9 Likes

19 Likes

a friend had the casio vz and i messed around w/it one day and it was like autechre era tri repetae sounds. had a nice presence to it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a unique sounding FM, very futuristic to me.

2 Likes

Sweet vz10! I always likes those. I think they would have given Yamaha some real competition if they didn’t say “Casio” on the front.
Nice marantz deck too.

2 Likes

What did you do with the TX81Z?

Passed it on along with the Wavestation. All great synths, just always wanted a VZ.

And my buddy @Scot_Solida just happened to have one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Darn, the power supply went in mine and i do miss it… the VZ is far more worthy of the 19 inch real estate though…

1 Like

As much as I’m down with the vz like everyone else…
I think you showed me it’s the marantz I’m missing in my rig…

1 Like

It’s a fairly standard deck, no advanced features or anything… I got it to impart real tape hiss and saturation on synth parts (Lyra especially) to then sample into the SP. I’m sure I’ll figure out other uses tho :slight_smile:

Love this thread. Been considering growing my MKS-70 into a rack stack that includes ESQ-M, Pulse or SE-1X, and perhaps an old EMU sampler.

But in the meantime I can live vicariously through these great photos.

7 Likes