Show us your aux(es)

Octatrack cue out to SP404SX and back in.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly why I donā€™t have one. I see them sell for very low prices more often than not but the shipping is always prohibitively expensive, understandably.
If I do someday score one itā€™ll be tricky to carve out a space for it in my little studio but it would be a worthy challenge.

How is this working out for you? Iā€™ve been meaning to test this out with my particle, but havenā€™t gotten around to it. I think it could be really fun for jamming. Do you have the mix set to full wet? Any tips, or just twist knobs and go?

As for me, my setup is pretty simple. I am lucky enough to have an SSL SiX and Iā€™m only using stereo cue 1 at the moment for the Red Panda Context 2 for some subtler reverb. I do have an Analog Heat on the main insert, though. This setup has been in place for a little bit and is working well for me. Thereā€™s always that ā€œwhat if?ā€ thought that causes me to spend brainpower dreaming about other units that I could try out, but Iā€™m trying to resist changing things for a bit.

1 Like

:grimacing: Tooooo DISCO for me :rofl:

Running a QU16, I have so many auxes / effect sendsā€¦! Setting it all up was like a big jigsaw puzzle, but itā€™s now super flexible.

• Mono out to Korg Stage Echo
  • Mono out to synths (can plug into Lyra 8 for FX and back in via a Tremotron, or plug into other synths for use of their filters)
  • Dual mono out to 4track tape + Digitech Digidelay
  • Stereo out to Analog Heat
  • Stereo out to Empress Zoia
  • Stereo out to Ventris Reverb

And I use the headphone out to patch into Digitakt or Eyesy when needed!

2 Likes

I do wish it had a power switch, though.

1 Like

I love it! Keep the controls lower and you can keep track of things, but start turning parameters and feedback up and you get into whole new worlds. Iā€™ve had it making vocoders, ringmods, all kinds of odd sounds. In use heavily at the end of this track:

1 Like

DFAM into analog heat is also amazing! Best use of the heat that Iā€™ve found.

1 Like

I had particle v1 for a while, sold it years ago, I missed it so much, finally caved in and ordered v2, I plan on using it live and to freeze sounds while I load up my next projects. Glitch heaven, itā€™s dope that itā€™s stereo, stoked to send breaks my polyend tracker through it. I swear mutants live inside that box.

Anyone else use it this way?

2 Likes

This all fluctuates of course, but this is the standard for me.

Mixer life:

Aux 1 - Hologram Infinite Jets, Source Audio Nemesis, Big Sky Verb
Aux 2 - Elektron Analog Drive, Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water, Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay, Boss RV-500

DAW live automation life:

3 Aux(es) on all tracks: Valhalla VintageVerb, Valhalla Supermassive, and Valhalla Delay

Master bus: Audiothing Valves, Valhalla Delay, VintageVerb, BitCrusher, Audiothing Reels, Soundtoys FilterFreak, Tremolo

FX make me so happyā€¦

Aux1/2 Octatrack inputs (pre/post fader)
Aux3/4 Microcosm

All the other fxs like verbs and delays needs to stay with their respective synth to me, so to be tailored to suit the specific sound.

On the submixs Iā€™ve got an analog heat and a compressor, and I can put one into the other, having them returning both into dedicated mixer channels

Actually have some decent outboard these days.

On the SSL SiX:

Cue 1 outs to Meris Polymoon > Mercury7 > Strymon BigSky

Mix insert (switchable) to RML Jekyll&Hyde Serpa stereo distortion filter

On Behringer RX1602 submixer:

Send to Lexicon Vortex > Alesis Midiverb II > Quadraverb GT (return on dedicated channels for feedback)

Not technically sends:

Jomox ModBase to RML 432k distortion to SiX

Landscape Stereo Field to be patched wherever

Montreal Assembly CT5 to be patched wherever

Submixer output goes into Syntakt for FX Track (switchable)

DFAM and Nord Drum routed to Digitone inputs for effects

Mutable Beads and Schlappi 100 Grit can be patched into by line-level synths

Soma Lyra-8 input can be patched into for distortion/delay

MS-20 (soon) input will be able to be patched into

3 Likes

These are always plugged in ready to go.
Big Sky
Alesis Midiverb 2/4/Quadverb
Klark Teknik 3rd Dimension
Analog Heat MK2

On yhe side I have a wide assortment of delay/reverb, drive, distortios, mod, fuzz pedals.
I also like to use the Lyra 8 for knarly cray cray sounds.

1 Like

Where you getting that MS-20 from?

Itā€™s a vintage MS that was gifted to me without keyboard or enclosureā€¦ I had a box made for it and Scot currently is sorting out the electrical. Itā€™s the rare early ā€œlawsuit filterā€ version and Iā€™ll be quite stoked to have it in the arsenal.

2 Likes

Boss VF-1

Wing:
Stereo aux sends:

1. Eventide Timefactor
  2. Meris Polymoon into Meris Mercury 7
  3. Eventide Pitchfactor into Eventide H9
  4. Strymon Deco
  5. Meris Ottobit
  6. Meris Hedra
  7. Eventide Space
  8. Quadraverb
  9. Midiverb
  10. Pedal board (Lofi junkie -> t-resonator -> RP Particle -> CB Mood)
  11. Built-in fix (varies)

Busses (entire signal)

1. Samplers - MPC, M+, vsynth, OT
  2. Heat
  3. uCosm
2 Likes

Are we really supposed to post our ex(es) here?

1 Like

Damn man, thatā€™s really awesome.

Performance/ setup:

Mackie 1202 in front of me
Aux 1: Monsoon for Delay (great high/low pass filter built in)
Aux 2: Eventide Space
Alt 3 4: Xaoc Koszalin

A&H Mixwizard WZ16:2DX on the side
Aux 1&2: OT CD for resampling (stereo)
Aux 3&4: Quadraverb for a touch of air (stereo)
Aux 5: H9
Aux 6: BAM (currently shelved)