Show us your aux(es)

In the current iteration of my setup I’m running two mackies, a 1202 and a 1402. I have the auxes (two each) going to a patchbay so nothing is permanently on them but I usually have a boss se-50 on each mixers aux 1 and one of my home made spring reverbs on each aux 2. I change up as needed.

1 Like

None. Everything is connected to patchbay(s) so that anything can receive an aux send.

4 Likes

Alesis Quadraverb, because I dont have any other outboard FX gear.

3 Likes

in Red too.

Soundcraft EPM 12, 2 stereo sends. For a long time it was:

Aux 1: ehx Hot Tubes -> TC Hall of Fame
Aux 2: TC Nova Delay

Just using that and feeding back the channels with EQing and tone controls, I can make a feedback symphony.

Currently it’s just a HoF on aux 1 and a nova delay and nova modulator on aux 2

The Nova modulator is such a great pedal. Very cheap and honestly slept on.

1 Like

Had one of these mixers for a while, was decent

Midas 160 here (should have gone for a 24).
Send1: MS70-CDR
Send2: Boss DD7
Send3: Yamaha SPX990
Send4: Audiothingies Doctor A
No sends but also:
Insert Group1: Elektron Analog Drive
Insert Master: FMR RNC

3 Likes

Biggest issue is the size. So you kind of have to find one local. hehe. There is only two different versions. With midi mute automation and without. And different channel counts. Highly reccomend one if you get one. Got both of mine pretty cheap.

On a PreSonus AR16c:

aux 1: Tasty Chips GR-1 left
aux 2: Tasty Chips GR-1 right

For stereo live granular mixes.

3 Likes

That’s kind of the holy grail for me @vasidudu!
Nice choice @blipson

1 Like

There was even a 24k gold plated one:

Josh Scott of JHS pedals showed his off in a recent video.

1 Like

Oh yes!

I have a less than desirable " desk feeding into desk " scenario…

But that gives me 3 auxiliaries

I use the YAMAHA mx 412 for all things Ambient so i have a strymon big sky on aux 1 set to a wonderful choral reverb that makes anything you throw at it sound like angels singing… on aux 2 i have a lexicon mx200 which is mainly used for a tempo synchronised reverse delay and a short tail reverb.

On the YAMAHA N12 i have a HOF2 set to a long tail downward shimmer…

Last week however i acquired a zoom cdr70 and plugged the volca keys into it…i will be swapping it out with the HOF2 me thinks, the zoom is a far more versatile and complex pedal and i feel it would be better on an aux where more synths can be feed into it…the volca can have the HOF2…

4 Likes

Not the holy grail in terms of cable management.
But in return, routing options are nearly infinite :slight_smile:
Thinking of getting a couple of patchbays…

1 Like

Ah, nice idea, so you are using group’s insert(not xlr out) and then probably route the group to main out (in mixer)?

1 Like

Correct :slight_smile:
I have 4 groups with INS
Individual INS on each mono channel, direct outs on all, INS on master, second master out…
Plus 6 aux sends with 4 stereo returns.
2 are used for feeding monitors. I use one these to send to DT for sampling.

1 Like

Managed to pull some jaw dropping FX like shimmers and other stuff that I did not think would be possible with it.
Worth every penny :slight_smile:
Some very nice HD reverbs.

1 Like

Yeh! Really digging it! Im loving adding just an almost in audible amount of bit reduction at the start of the fx chain, then some pitch bending worble chorus, a smattering of stereo delay and then an ice cold cavernous reverb…

Its a waste on just one synth so its going to the AUX

2 Likes

For the price, you (I) could buy one for every synth that does not have FX or at least a decent FX (MicroFreak, MiniNova, AS-1, Blofeld…).

1 Like

Holy grail of cable management =

6 Likes

Maybe I should get one of these. My Eventide Space is playing up…

1 Like