Show me your best RYTM Techno Drums!

Hi,

Im on the fence of either getting a second Octatrack or a RYTM for some additional drums.
Im sure the RYTM is pretty capable, but I havent found a single demo yet which I really liked soundwise.

So to all the Technoheads here:
Please show me your best Techno drums you made with the RYTM (soundcloud, youtube, whatever) to help me decide!
Can be anything from Minimal to Hardcore.

Peace & Love, Herr Rausch

7 Likes

i can get just about any techno drum from the rytm. the samples sound great and i sampled my jomox, vermona, tanzbar, 503 into the rytm.

2 Likes

i like this demo

by the way the only think more badass than a rytm kick is a jomox kick…
but it isn’t as good in the mix…in my humble opinion.

cheers

3 Likes

sounds not too bad
I used to own a MBase11. Maybe I was just really bad at programming, but I always made it sound like crap. On its own it was kinda cool, but it would never ever fit in the mix. And I really disliked the transients. But as said, maybe it was just me, some people seem to like it a lot

Kick/Sub was the big breakthrough on this for me coming from one channel using LFO’s. Pretty rough will sound a lot better once mixed etc

https://soundcloud.com/jamesorvis/live-analog-techno-jam-ep-demo

1 Like

Love your sound and that artwork is amazing!

Sounds awesome!

that kick is massive man! what was your LFO type/destination?

jesus christ dude that sounds amazing! pretty much what I was looking for, I absolutely love those deep rumbling kicks!

One question btw: I would multitrack record the stuff I do on the RYTM in Ableton. I read that you cant apply some of the FX when you use the individual outputs. Would that be the same if I use Overbridge?

that kick is massive man! what was your LFO type/destination?[/quote]

Heres the settings of that kick

8 Likes

tune on the LFO was +9 I think you can play with these to get different pitches etc. And filter was 41 with a bit of resonance and change env depth to taste for the click of the kick

1 Like

jesus christ dude that sounds amazing! pretty much what I was looking for, I absolutely love those deep rumbling kicks!

One question btw: I would multitrack record the stuff I do on the RYTM in Ableton. I read that you cant apply some of the FX when you use the individual outputs. Would that be the same if I use Overbridge?[/quote]
Im using a Motu 16A sound card at the moment so Im routing everything the traditional way instead of using Overbridge. This is my preferred method so when I play live I have more stability and it also allows me to add some Treatment to my channels.
You do lose master compression but you regain that and more in Ableton anyway. Reverb and delay will get sent out of your master Left and Right outputs and your sounds will still be affected by Overdrive. So its all good :slight_smile: Just master compression really, but I don’t really like using the onboard one anyway.
Worth noting that the kick as some EQ with DMG Equality (3db boost around 100z, HP Filter around 20hz with 18db slope, a cut around 300hz to get rid of some of the knock and a small shelf boost for the highs). Also all my drums (apart from the kick) get grouped and run through some NY Compression using Softube ValleyPeople (Amazing comp!) - Soundtoys decapitator and then EQ. Not loads of treatment just enough to get rid of some unwanted frequencies.

1 Like

thanks for going into detail, really apprecciate it man!
you got a new follower btw :wink:

1 Like

Around 70% of the drums in this are Rytm.

3 Likes

everything on here is heavily RYTM powered :slight_smile:

http://soundcloud.com/snitch/

7 Likes

Love this thread
Thanks James I’m getting some pounding kicks out of my rytm. Adamjay great stuff as always.

Snitch - love that sound. If I could make my rytm sound like that id be playing berghain! Any tips you could offer? Sounds fantastic - exactly the pounding sound I’m going for!

Yeah!, what he said;)

1 Like

that kick is massive man! what was your LFO type/destination?[/quote]

Heres the settings of that kick[/quote]
Thanks for sharing the knowledge, James:)

1 Like

I like this demo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JHlKeAa_yr8

James- not to beat a dead horse. Thank you so much for the tips on the LFO. already making banging kicks. any tips on that 16th note hat/shaker that coems in at 5:45? been strugglign to get an “organic” sound to my 16th notes on the rytm!

1 Like