Should I refrain from buying a 2.5 year old Digitone?

Go for it! :grinning:

1 Like

Remember that Elektron’s warranty is for three years, so you still have the chance to get problems fixed before the warranty expires.

2 Likes

Buy it. No brainer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

are there any common problems with Digitone’s that I should check?

I don’t know, but I recommend that you run Test Mode on the unit. Read the manual to find out how to get there from the Startup menu.

4 Likes

…pretty mull all elektron boxes serve their users for a lifetime…

This is a smart move. Otherwise I haven’t really ever heard of any recurring issues with the Digitone like they exist on other boxes like the Rytm pads. As far as I know also software/firmware wise it’s quite a stable friend! You can have a look by searching “Digitone bug” here just to see if you find any recurring things.

You should check this topic:

come on now, it’s not an iphone. just check that the encoders aren’t too loose.

You should get a Digitone.

One of the Korgs I use on a daily basis is about to turn 50 next year… that Digitone is still a child.

2 Likes

You would be a great parent if you bought your toddler a Digitone

2 Likes

There are so many used Digitones for sale (in the US at least) that I wouldn’t. I’d look for another and ask the buyer to look on the serial on the back to see if it was made in the past year. That gives you about 2 years of warranty left. But if you don’t have much choice where you live, then I wouldn’t hesitate on buying a 2.5 year old one.

Three years of warranty?
Does it apply to second hand units bought from a local retailer who gives 2 years of warranty only?

Ps: I think 580 is too much considering its age. I payed mine mint only 500

Love my digitone. Bought it near launch, no issues at all. I think the things to check would be, are the knobs working, does the display have issues, do the inputs/outputs work, do all the keys work?

Its from Sweden - so it is like their cars…old Volvos still run after 500.000km

1 Like

Get the seller to send you a picture of the system test screen and if the unit itself is good condition then age isn’t a worry.

1 Like

Yes. It’s easier if the unit is registered on Elektron’s website but also probably available if you can show proof of purchase.

2 Likes

update: I found another Digitone for 500€ which was bought in September 2020. So it’s basically new. Excited for my first Elektron box :smiley:

Make sure all the knobs are tight and don’t wiggle too much. Check all the i/o.

1 Like