Should I refrain from buying a 2.5 year old Digitone?

I found a really good deal online, but the Digitone is almost 3 years old. You guys think the build quality is solid and I should be able to use it couple of years?

Just check that itā€™s in good condition. Itā€™s built like a tank that will last for years as long as the owner takes care of it.

2 Likes

2,5 years is young. Donā€™t worry there is still 20 years old gear that still work fine. If itā€™s a good deal, go for it.

5 Likes

Same. As long as it seems treated right. Itā€™s a proper tank indeed, wouldnā€™t be amazed if it would hold out 10 times as long

2 Likes

I have two digital synths from the 80ties ā€¦ no problems until now ā€¦ knock on wood :wink:

If the deal is okay and the condition of the instrument is good ā€¦ get it.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback everyone :slight_smile:
The Digitone I found is 580 Euros and comes with an Analog Cases carrying bag and a decksaver. Iā€˜m gonna buy it!

7 Likes

Go for it! :grinning:

1 Like

Remember that Elektronā€™s warranty is for three years, so you still have the chance to get problems fixed before the warranty expires.

2 Likes

Buy it. No brainer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

are there any common problems with Digitoneā€™s that I should check?

I donā€™t know, but I recommend that you run Test Mode on the unit. Read the manual to find out how to get there from the Startup menu.

4 Likes

ā€¦pretty mull all elektron boxes serve their users for a lifetimeā€¦

This is a smart move. Otherwise I havenā€™t really ever heard of any recurring issues with the Digitone like they exist on other boxes like the Rytm pads. As far as I know also software/firmware wise itā€™s quite a stable friend! You can have a look by searching ā€œDigitone bugā€ here just to see if you find any recurring things.

You should check this topic:

come on now, itā€™s not an iphone. just check that the encoders arenā€™t too loose.

You should get a Digitone.

One of the Korgs I use on a daily basis is about to turn 50 next yearā€¦ that Digitone is still a child.

2 Likes

You would be a great parent if you bought your toddler a Digitone

2 Likes

There are so many used Digitones for sale (in the US at least) that I wouldnā€™t. Iā€™d look for another and ask the buyer to look on the serial on the back to see if it was made in the past year. That gives you about 2 years of warranty left. But if you donā€™t have much choice where you live, then I wouldnā€™t hesitate on buying a 2.5 year old one.

Three years of warranty?
Does it apply to second hand units bought from a local retailer who gives 2 years of warranty only?

Ps: I think 580 is too much considering its age. I payed mine mint only 500