Should Elektron have a High End Machine?

They went for lower end with the Models. But why not the high end market like other companies. Say around £2k. A big step up but would be interesting to see how great a product they could release.

Oligarkt

44 Likes

I think that Elektron don’t really do overkill, rather the focus is on a carefully limited feature yet also allows unlimited creativity within those limits.

4 Likes

People still say the Octatrack has too many features

6 Likes

people say a lot of things.

20 Likes

Isn’t the OT AR and AF ii’s all their current high end?

8 Likes

Haha

Still waiting for elektron to make something bad

1 Like

Not only should they do it, they should definitely be doing it during a global pandemic when most industries are experiencing supply chain issues that only come along once in a lifetime.

20 Likes

Somebody speaking with common sense on a forum, what is happening to the world?!?

3 Likes

They should milk the hell out of the DT/DN format

2 Likes

I’d vote no as I don’t see what else they could ad. Quality seems high enough on the standard models. All that would be left are software features which I would find very troubling to have as extra features on expensive models. I suppose I wouldn’t mind some chunky style buttons and keycaps perhaps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I´d vote a digital version of the Analog Rytm with scenes, direct pattern change, etc. and several digital engines ala MD would be enough :smiley:

I just want my current ones to continue to work, I paid a lot for them.
I’d pay for future repairs too, I just feel like at the current price, we should get something like that.
Not sure much is built to last anymore.
I’m not throwing shade specifically, seems it’s all thats being offered by everyone

Or maybe $yntakt

I think I like Elektron best as experimental and special in great workflow (and utilitarian) hardware. Not as high prestige boutique sound/materials kind of stuff. No need for wooden endcheeks or most features.

3 Likes

Yeah, but once you buy something with wooden end cheeks, you begin to understand…

14 Likes

Gotta admit, as someone fairly new to hardware synths, it gives me vertigo to think $1500 machines are not “high end”

20 Likes

Maybe a crossbreed between Models and Analogs could work well - like the knobs and playability of the Models combined with the featureset of the Analogs. The layout could be split between performance section (knobs per function) and editing section (page buttons + encoders).

Anyways, now is not the right time for experiments…

1 Like

Seeing as the rytm is already up around 1600 bucks, id guess that if the next box is not in digi format it’ll probably sit right around the $2000 price range

1 Like