Should Elektron have a High End Machine?

Elektron Devices are already “high end” in my opinion. Making Stuff expensive does not mean they are better.
Look at Apple…guess I have more quirks and bugs sleepless nights with my 4.5k Laptop than with any of Elektrons Products.

6 Likes

Elektron’s genius is more in the ideas they have, not necessarily in the components and spare-little engineering and handcrafting of a Macbeth Elements.

4 Likes

Until you try to sell it second hand and start to get lowball offers for that one scuff on the bottom side of the wooden backside

3 Likes

Sir, are you looking for a Moog perhaps ?

2 Likes

RACK RASH.

Seriously though, the joy of Elektrons is in the performance oriented development and feature set.

I would rather they focus on that than stuff so expensive it would not be taken on tour, that you’d be frightened of being stolen from a backpack, etc. It would be interesting to see what they came up with, but i don’t want them developing for a few persons to afford in their home studio.

Or worse, wealthy collectors. As professional musicians rarely rely exclusively on hardware.

2 Likes

In this sense, I think the Digi format is super appealing. I currently only have a Rytm and OT, so my points not super strong haha - but the digis really stand apart in their market I think, with their focussed and fun workflows and uniqueness. 500 bucks second hand you really get yourself an inspiring and professional quality instrument.

1 Like

Analog Rytm is $3000 in Australia. That’s pretty high end imo.

2 Likes

If high end means a digitakt with 16 stereo sample tracks, build in ssl compressor per track, neve summing mixer, a couple of Strymon send fx, valve master compressor, Vertigo distortion and Cranesong converters build in… al that for 2k and i’m in. Almost forgot velocity sensitive pads and sd card storage.

I could go for a gold-plated Model:Samples.

2 Likes

Gold plated?
C’mon lets have the real stuff :slight_smile:

Ok, solid gold Model:Samples with platinum knobs.

2 Likes

AK is without question a high end instrument

1 Like

You could have only said : a Stimming

2 Likes

But I don’t want anything instant. Although the bonus ability to use the High end DT as a mastering device :grin:

1 Like

if a 1600€ gear isn’t high end…

Elektron Analog Rytm MKII Black 1.599 €

https://www.thomann.de/fr/elektron_analog_rytm_mkii_black.htm

1 Like

just leave the plastic “screen protectors” on the wooden cheeks

1 Like

They have high end models already, get into eurorack if you need to burn through cash that badly.

9 Likes

:thinking:

I’d have to seriously consider a new silverbox homage that was a hybrid of MD/MnM/cycles/DT. Physically formatted similarly to the old silverboxs. 16 tracks of selectable cycles machines, DT sampling with ROM machines, and neighbor tracks. A couple master FX like the MD? Sign me up!

3 Likes

Just get all of them, a welding machine and there you go!

1 Like