Should acid die?

Is this already the summer hole?

Anyway, that’s the compilation that gravitated me over the acid BH event horizon:

3 Likes

Pretty sure acid is a chemical compound but not an organism, so I don’t think it would “die” as much as it would “cease reacting” at some point once the acid is all acid-ed out. Don’t think that would happen as long as you can keep adding fresh acid to the reaction (don’t take my word for that, chemistry is one of my weakest subjects, that’s why I focus more on house music, much better at engineering and such!).

That said, what the hell is the acid still reacting with after all these years?

6 Likes

Can you please post a list of suitable genres I can mess around with and still feel proud when I come up with something I think is good?

5 Likes

still a very special sound, especially in the right circumstances

3 Likes

This post sounds like something an alkali metal would say. :thinking:

3 Likes

Are you sure it isn’t just @craig on a second account? :wink:

3 Likes

this track will give you the answer! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I hope you are a troll, this place could do with a decent one.

1 Like

Anyone got a spare TB-303 lying around?

:flushed:

I’m an old school rocker from the late 50s all the way through 1985-1986. I used to love that Les Paul sound. These days I cringe when I hear it. To me it’s like the listening to 40s big band music. I don’t know maybe it’s just me but it’s like nails on a chalkboard. Whenever I hear people trying emulate it on Schecter hear and then they feel so proud I just wonder why. Move on is all I can think.

5 Likes

“Should acid the?” What?

Sorry I thought you were speaking German.

1 Like

I feel sorry for you. Try to recondition your perceptions through some good modern acid. Good luck on your inner acid soul searching quest.

1 Like

it’s like any genre or style. when someone is good at it and knows how to deploy the 303 effectively, it still works (for me). then there’s the rest of the demo videos on YT . . .

This thread must be just trolling. I mean c’mon… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That too, yeah. Both are :roll_eyes:

Buy yourself a bagpipe and we’ll talk about it.

2 Likes

I think the sound is timeless, it’s what you do with it that makes it modern or not.

3 Likes

It’s cheap entertainment to complain about art, entertainment, and content that’s mediocre.

I get that.

Worrying about mediocre entertainment takes time away from good entertainment, though. There’s plenty of amazing stuff out there I don’t’ have the time to curate for.

No

Ahh. That’s heaven to my ears lad! To everyone else I hear what you’re saying and yeah I’ve come off a bit of a douche but my ears aren’t lying to me. I totally agree that every once in a while I’ll hear a 303 with a nice sequence though. Not sure if anyone remember Hardfloor but I used to be a huge fan. I was trying to get a feel on what the majority feel and you guys have truly spoken. I guess Acid is hear to stay. My bad!!

2 Likes