Should acid die?

…should metal die…?..err, which metal…?..that death one…?..or the thrash one…?
…should new wave become old wave…?
…i’d say, trance must die…but only the oldschool trance…not that psy trance…
…main thing is…gabba never returns…
…it’s gabber…oh, is it…?

1 Like

So… your taste have changed and now acid must die… whatever man.

12 Likes

:joy:

I like when I occasionally hear a 303 in a song, acid or not. It reminds me of the first time hearing or knowing what made the sound.
I love the sound, not all the songs, I first described it as “wet” or “liquid” sounding when it slides on a low note.
Had to get me a Behringa rip off.

1 Like

Easy now, friendo… :wink:

1 Like

i’m no fan of 303 but imo just because you are oversaturated with a certain style it does not mean it needs to die, you can replace it for yourself and remove it from your life pretty easily as there’s plenty of other music out there… i’ve had this phase with psytrance music once all of my fav artists from the late 90s were replaced by more plasticky polished shite, so i stopped going to parties that played that and replaced that music with something else that got me excited.
also, remember that some people are only now discovering what you’ve already forgot, let people enjoy!

1 Like

dude, that’s a great idea — 80s style hair metal with acid lines!

2 Likes

exactly what happened to psytrance in 2000s.

what about purple rain?

I think i saw Whitesnake is on Tour now.
Oh just looked up its a farewell tour. :cry:
Whats next in this cruel world? Farewell tour of phuture?

Feel more this way about ambient generative music involving plucking sounds made on Modular synths

5 Likes

That happens in Grindcore too.

I’ll always play acid again. ALWAYS ACID AGAIN.

2 Likes

I wonder what you feel when you stand in front of a big sound system and a real good acid track comes on. I for myself heard enough acid tracks in my life to be bored by it. But if i hear a good one at a party i’m the first to dance my ass off.

No.

3 Likes

Nope. And if you are not convinced, go here What is your favourite acid track?

1 Like

Consider me a no vote. :sweat_smile:

Certain styles or genres will always fall in and out, but as an instrument (in relation to house/techno particularly) it’s a part of the foundation of the sound. I can’t imagine the 303 going anywhere.

You’ve given me an idea for the crossover that no-one asked for and nobody deserves

1 Like

Is this already the summer hole?

Anyway, that’s the compilation that gravitated me over the acid BH event horizon:

3 Likes

Pretty sure acid is a chemical compound but not an organism, so I don’t think it would “die” as much as it would “cease reacting” at some point once the acid is all acid-ed out. Don’t think that would happen as long as you can keep adding fresh acid to the reaction (don’t take my word for that, chemistry is one of my weakest subjects, that’s why I focus more on house music, much better at engineering and such!).

That said, what the hell is the acid still reacting with after all these years?

6 Likes