Should acid die?

How about acid country? I can and have made both.

1 Like

no music should die.

1 Like

Just having a little fun with it. Thanks for being a good sport.

Acid is dead? Maybe. But Punk is not. Or is it already?

Haha, I hate that shit but also it’s oddly compelling.

Blasphemy :joy:

And don’t forget acid rock and acid punk which came before and are also interconnected by the free party scene from the 70s to 90s and onwards. Once there were zippies!

this thread is perfect timing as I just bought a Behringer 303 (mainly by accident and because it was so cheap it was impossible not to)

so yes, I expect Acid is now dead.

1 Like

cor that first track is a doozy.

1 Like

as a company? :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe acid made by the 303 is just what it stands out to people because of its repetitive *people just enter random notes and slides ^accents but once they get something going, don’t touch that shit again., just move the filters, and self oscillates a lot, but the core of the 80 and 90 acid is those roland 606 707 808 909 analog synths.

2 Likes

:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HANDS, THERE ARE NOW TWO OF THEM :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I haven’t read the whole thread so excuse me if this has already been suggested:

You can just stop listening to it.

2 Likes

Or you could stop crying and listen to this.

The problem Adam is I love checking out all the new Syntakt videos that pop up on my You Tube. The other day I was minding my own business when once again someone posted one of their Syntakt jams so I decided to listen. All of a sudden a faux 303 acid line came blaring through my iPhone speakers and I freaked out and threw my phone at the ground. This did nothing! the satanic acid sounds kept ringing out loud and while I tried to drown out the sound by screaming but they still flooded into my eardrums. I’m ok now just a little shaken up…. I ask all of you Elektron music makers to try and warn people if you’re going to post 303 sounds. I like the Ambient guys cause they always have plants in their videos so I know what I’m going to hear before I even click on the video. We are in this together people.

4 Likes

ahh, I am familiar with this.

You need to exercise your acid finger. That’s the finger you use to mute the device playing the acid.

I don’t have an acid finger, but I have a grimey dubstep finger. Same concept.
Sometimes it twitches, but I’m like “hey now, that’s Loefah, or Scuba… let it play”

Search YouTube for “bouldering crimp grip finger workouts” on how to train your acid finger to be better, faster, stronger.

12 Likes

I just perfected 2 new synth bass patches. One is called ‘Nailz On Chalkboard All Day Long’, and the other is called ‘Infant Screaming During Dinner’.

Some in this thread need to toughen up.

6 Likes

“Drop acid not your Iphone” -Perkules

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like