Share your tunes

Lovely, thx for sharing!
Where/how do you mix/master your tracks?

1 Like

thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you liked.
most of the basses are made with a mutable instruments shruti, the drums come from sample packs, pads are made layering and putting fx on microkorg and vintage synth pad sounds, the riffs are made with dexed and a couple other vst i dont remember

2 Likes

aggro trance-y.

2 Likes

LOL, thanks… I think :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Well, no secret sauce involved. I just try to be careful with gain staging when mixing, leaving plenty of headroom. I solo the kick and bass and get them well under -12db. Then I base other instruments off that volume. On each track I use plugins that emulate mixer channels and tape. I use a lot of simple EQ to get different instruments in their freq range.

On the master I use a bit of compression, a bit of pultec style EQ, roll off low end, roll off high end (I like more lo-fi sounds), Satin, and then Pro-L for limiting.

So, fairly standard stuff really. All mistakes are drowned in the plentiful tape noise, haha.

1 Like

Made a new track. Listened too much tycho lately, I guess. Made with DN, op1, opz, dfam, m32, guitar.

6 Likes

Here is a little ambient piece I did using the the Digitakt to play the Volca FM.

3 Likes

Hey, that’s actually a superinteresting glimpse into your workflow. Thank you! Cheers!

1 Like

Thought its about time I posted something I make, heres the latest WIP from todays session, its been a while, too long in fact since iv broken out o f a loop

Melodic techno/house
roughly mixed, arrangement unfinished and levels boosted a few db

1 Like

This is the first audio snippet from my rewired setup: Ableton Live, OP-1, ZOIA, Organelle and Avalanche Run.
Some pretty notes triggered into fx madness…

2 Likes

Chill trip hopish beat. sampled some synths, vibes, and Greek Bouzouki from an old tape. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Digitone and ob6!

In the autumn 18 / winter 19 I made two long form tracks, very much influenced by my starting to get into the OT. We’re talking slowly evolving droney stuff based on everything from old tapes to guitar feedback, tin flutes and field-recordings all mangled in the OT. There is also a lot of A4 in there (the dubby chords running through the first track) and a bit of MD in the beats, beside some Tanzbär and bass from Mother-32.

Now I have had them mastered (by Rashad Becker - best there is!) and compiled them on this little album.
Something womblike to escape into to ease that holiday-almost-over-blues. Enjoy!

2 Likes

some live rytm and md jams off cassette, flung into the precipice of this thread.

3 Likes

First cut from my live set tracks, doing an EP during fall.

Monomachine on front stage, Octatrack on drums + Digitone

1 Like

This is a track I performed for my recent set. I enjoyed it so much that I had to record it proper and let you all listen to it!

4 Likes

You probably can’t embed a private track, I think. Nice demo by the way – sounds good, and nicely structured too.

1 Like

Thanks bud figured out how to do it now just by pasting the link straight in rather then using the link function

1 Like

Great work as usual!

Out of curiosity, how many patterns would you say you have within this song? For Digitone and Digitakt? I’m starting to use multiple patterns on my Digitone to flesh out my tracks more, variation wise. Also any tips for building up entire songs on these 2 pieces of gear.

Thanks, Cepheid!

This one has 6 patterns. 1-2,3-4,5-6 are their own chains on both machines.

As far as tips for building entire songs, I like to elongate 2 pattern loops by making use of the synthesis capabilities of the Digitakt and dedicate a couple tracks on it to build synth lines and add parts and variations to the main bass line and chords I have on the Digitone. Using the fill modes also helps introduce transitional effects, variations on beats, and more melodies which is especially powerful when utilizing the beat repeats for drums and synth lines on the Digitakt. (it’s a shame you can’t do that on the Digitone. You can get some really get spastic lines from this feature)

2 Likes