Share your tunes

A new one from us both as 12" and digital if you want to support it that way.

It’s a 3 tracker and one I think might please an Elektron palette.

Bass, crunch, ringing, hiss, anxious fm, repetitive nonsense.

2 Likes

I’ve got a new dub techno EP out today on Insectorama. It’s free or pay what you want on bandcamp to support the label and available on all the usual streaming services. There are a few limited edition cds still available for the collectors too.

Thanks to our own @sl1200mk2 for his amazing mastering work.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for checking it out.

5 Likes

I’ve released two EPs in November and February, starting a new project called “Hevlaran”. It’s twisty, grainy Techno of sorts, feel free to check it out.

3 Likes

What delays did you use?

Congrats on the release by the way, sounds crisp

1 Like

The Moog semi modulars with the Godfather are a lovely combination!

7 Likes

Instabuy for me.

1 Like

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Haha that’s a can of worms. I’ll try to keep it short.

Distant Machines: the chords are a combination of Pigments and samples, with some of the delays coming from pigments, then returns with arturia’s space echo, delay brigade, and a third with echoboy and ableton’s echo.

Solitude: Almost all of the delays are on return tracks for this one. Modnetic/Echo, Arturia’s space echo, and UA Silo (not exactly a delay, but works in combination with bubbler) and Soundhack Bubbler.

Desert Sky: A combination of insert and return delays on this one. The main chord line is Pigments, 3 stacked space echoes with lots of automation plus diffuse, supporting chords/piano use pigments, arturia’s eternity delay, Puremagnetik’s Eidolon/Fathoms, Diffuse, arturia’s delay brigade x2. Return tracks are modnetic, diffuse, echoboy/echo, and a wash verb with space echo/sandman.

All of my returns go back to a buss that gets further automation and processing. Basically I just chain fx until I get the aesthetic I want and automate and mix as I go.

@oieubbrgov Thanks for the support, that means a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last month the challenge was to make some Neo Soul Lofi…this month I’ve tried Synthwave. Sounds and basic structure came from the MC-101 but I recorded it into Logic Pro for final composition and mixing.
Not sure that I’ve nailed Synthwave but hopefully it has an 80s synth-pop feel.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for such a detailed run down, that’s super appreciated. I liked how you say a chord is a delay and a sample as that’s so often the case when feeding back delays/reverbs, the good chords often come from the delay with the actual chord in the background.

I’ve barely used Arturia stuff but tried their MS20 filter as free a while back and was impressed. Im also curious about the Delay Brigade and Delay Tape 201 as yet to find a decent software BBD and also looking for a Space Echo software.

I’m going to listen to your tracks again closely today along with your notes.

Nice one :black_heart:

Edit: have a listen to this and see if this grabs you, no worries if not. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I’ve found so many helpful people here that have given me great advice and ideas, if I can give a little back, I’m happy to do it.

The arturia stuff isn’t bad. It’s all over this EP because I wrote all three of these tracks in Nov/Dec 2021 just after I bought their fx bundle. I like the delays, I use space echo the most of the three by far. If I had to pick the delays I couldn’t live without, modnetic and echoboy would be the two.

I’ll give your album a listen today and let me know if there’s anything else you want to know about these tracks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

all Machinedrum sequenced ferom Max/MSP, running someone else’s album into the sampling inputs

4 Likes

A quick opening track I did. If any Dj’s want the wav hit me up.

4 Likes

Some of it is a little experimental for my taste, but there’s lots to like. I enjoyed the textures on echo dub and the minimalism of system dub. Tape dub is the pick of the bunch for me, very cool.

1 Like

Maschine live jam based on some patterns I prepared in the software only while commuting by train…

8 Likes

Yeah for sure it’s definitely more experimental/abstract compared to your stuff, although I thought you might like the texture, delays etc which is largely the main part i guess. I think the opening track is arguably probably the straightest of them.

It was fun putting it together, digging out various dub experiments forgot about or left over on hard drives. Looking forward to doing another volume.

I’m pretty sure the chord onTape dub is from a DX7 although i forget the delay chain as it was a long way back. Space echo and BBDs no doubt.

Cheers for checking it out though.

Was listening back to this the other day since I put it out with a good pal of mine a year ago , still really proud of the hard work we put into the audio and visuals to make it (mostly) flow .

5 Likes

Sunday dub mood / mode

3 Likes

I listened to a bit of the arkkive2 (I think) and I appreciate the minimalism. I don’t quite have that restraint yet, always start out in that direction and end up with something more dense. It’s a bit like Pole, giving the sounds space of their own while still maintaining a groove.

1 Like

Yeah Pole is amazing. I always think I’ve added loads and it ends up minimal :joy:

Haha opposite problems. That’s what makes it fun I guess.

1 Like