Share your tunes

I really enjoy listening to all the music posted here. Especially while I’m at work, it’s like elektronauts radio…

It’s just annoying I have to scroll to the next song every time. So I got the idea to create a soundcloud playlist with all the music posted here. All of it, nit only what I like… so a proper elektronauts playlist :slight_smile: where you can skip to the next song if you don’t like what’s playing…

Firstly, does this exist allready?
Then I thought about creating a dedicated account for that, because I don’t want to clutter my account, and because the playlist would be for and from all, not just me…
Then I thought to only add seperate tracks, not albums. Just to keep the variation going. I would just put the first track of an album in there.
I know it’s just soundcloud and not bandcamp and youtube, but if there is a better idea, you’re welcome.

If I would do this, I would start reposting soundcloud tracks in the beginning of this thread (maybe for a sleepless night…) so the newest songs would be on top.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

6 Likes

It’s a very cool idea! “Elektronauts radio” could also be a good name for it :slightly_smiling_face:

A lot of work… :thinking:

2 Likes

Elektronauts radio it is :slight_smile:
And a lot of work indeed. Too much probably. Maybe a year playlist. I can start at begin 2020…
Then next year when I’m recovered from the job I can do 2019 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elektradio :radio: ?

Time Breach is our second single release as K102, featured on Pragmat’s “Infinity of Perception” compilation. It’s available on bandcamp now and on all of the usual streaming services tomorrow.

Please check out the full compilation, with a ton of other amazing artists and lots of great techno, it’s free or pay what you want to support the label … pragmat.bandcamp.com

Mastered by Wayne @ Obsessed Audio (www.facebook.com/ObsessedAudioMastering/)

2 Likes

man, that is a strange combination of consonants in a row for me.
I kept it at elektron radio because that’s the most obvious thing to remember :slight_smile:

All right, I created the Elektronauts Radio on soundcloud. I first started reposting songs. this was the fastest, and the newer ones are on top of the list. But I discovered that there is some spamming protection on soundcloud, so no more reposting…
So I made a playlist, and started adding there. But on a playlist, the newest additions are at the bottom of the playlist. That’s very annoying… So I created a playlist for every quarter of a year. So the playlists are not too long (100 to 130 tracks each).

First I want to say that I primarily do this for myself. I like listening here, because it actually is the only moment I hear music that I didn’t search for myself. I don’t listen to the radio, and actually I don’t listen to music that much anyway. When I am listening on Spotify I find myself easily zapping through songs I don’t seem to like. For some psycholigical twist in my brain I am much more curious to music outside my box over here. The reason for soundcloud playlists is that I can listen to al your songs without having to reach for my phone and press play on the next song every time. It navigates much easier than this thread.

Then, of course why not share this with all of you who might like to listen to this pool of music passion as well :slight_smile: that’s why I am sharing this. There is also something about listening to each others music and supporting each other, but that’s another discussion for now…

if you search elektronauts radio in soundcloud. the account and playlists are on top :slight_smile: or you find it here: Elektronauts Radio | Free Listening on SoundCloud

For those who do take it serious:

• I don’t do this for my own promotion ro something like that, this account has no links to me or my account
  • I added music on automatic pilot. if I missed yours, I am sorry, if it is important to you, send a message… private links are not clickable on the title, so I might have missed songs like this as well if I didn’t click right
  • when someone posted a playlist or album, I generally took 1 or 2 random songs. I don’t want to have long lists or albums in there. If I like the music, I’ll find the album :slight_smile:
  • If you post the same song again (in another quarter of the year), I don’t add it to the another playlist. that’s easy to spot when adding a song to a playlist.
  • I didn’t add live sets or long recordings (like 20 - 30 minutes live jam or so). maybe I make a playlist only for live sets. but I won’t go through 2020 again…
  • Everything posted here (in soundcloud of course) is on the list. I didn’t even listen before adding… everything will stay on, even if I can’t bare 5 seconds of it.
  • this account or playlists absolutely doesn’t replace this thread! there is a lot of good music posted on Bandcamp and youtube. keep listening and supporting each other over here! (I guess if you read this post, you also listen to other’s music over here)
  • I don’t go promoting this account or playlist. I only post it or talk about it here. This is for us who listen to each others music over here. maybe this might evolve in the future, but for now it is ment for sharing in this group, not promoting.

cheers

9 Likes

Great idea​:headphones::slightly_smiling_face:

Two modular ambient tracks, but from a world in which ambient music is a kind of pop music about teenage confusion and animals eating trash in parking lots at night.

1 Like

…headspeakers

3 Likes

Two tracks I needed to cut from my previous album, as it was getting so crowded. Originally both were intended to be on it, so I decided to post release them as their own “double-single”. The first one is more of a Progressive-House track, the second one is something along the lines of Synthwave-meets-House… or something :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice! :fire:

1 Like

New tune, downtempo cinematic vibes.
Analoog Rytm, OB6, Arp Odyssey-Strymon Nightsky, Fender P-bass, Fender Mustang guitar.
Thanks for listening.

6 Likes

Awesome track! I don’t think I’ve heard a track from you I haven’t liked - really like your style, playing and overall vibe! Gotta ask, the kinda wailing detuned sound in this track, where’s that coming from? Sounds really good and is a great example of what makes your tracks stand out for me.

1 Like

Many thanks for the kind words, appreciated! That detuned wailing sound you are referring to is a Arp Odyssey (the Korg Rev 1 desktop) going into a Strymon Nightsky reverb pedal. Recorded in Logic X. Cheers!

1 Like

Very cinematic. I like the timpani style drums. Are those from the Rytm?

1 Like

Thanks Simon, all percussion and drums are from the Analog Rytm, I mixed the samples with some of the analog sounds, filters & compression, love the AR, cheers.

1 Like

First ‘full’ track on the Rytm! Only had it a few days, and I’ve fallen in love with this thing.

Purely performed on the Rytm, recorded L+R straight into interface then upped the volume and limited a bit.

Sampled my yamaha CP for the chords/melody, and some vocals from a singer I work with, the rest is the analog engine… oh wait the hihat is a 909 sample. Oh and the kick is too loud :wink:

Enjoy! Feedback appreciated! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finally this evening found a few free time to sit in front of my eurorack system. Messing around and improvising I ended to record some stuff that I enjoy.

5 Likes