Share your tunes

I started playing it before reading the description and thought “that sounds a bit like something Hainbach might do”, but seeing as you’ve been messing around with tape, it makes perfect sense :slight_smile: I like the tension between the beautiful piano and the lo-fi/distorted strings.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I absolutely love Hainbach so that’s a huge compliment!

1 Like

We have a video clip out for our new track!

3 Likes

Did a cover version of Joe Hisaishi’s ‘Dragon Boy’ from the Hayao Miyazaki film ‘Spirited Away’. Such a great song, covering it was very rewarding.

It is hardware synths and piano only. Main sequencer is Octatrack MKII, percussion is Analog Rytm MKII, top layer of the main arp is Digitone. Other synths: Korg Minilogue, Novation Bass Station, Eurorack. Only mix was inside a computer.

I sincerely hope you like it!

1 Like

Uplifting tune made a few years ago on the Monomachine, Tempest, and others.

2 Likes

Made a short 136 BPM thing for lunch.

Mostly weird filter tricks and a bunch of short kicks with comb filter (as usual).

Makes me feel like break-dancing (even though I can’t):

1 Like

I keep using the Model:Samples as my main groove box at the moment - I just love the way it sounds and how I can create some really nice vibey grooves - all the stuff on this track is all from the MS, minus some looped chords from my C4 synth pedal - and lots of lead bass on top! Hope you dig the vibe

2 Likes

This track industrial techno was made with my DGTK and DGTN

3 Likes

Anniversary time: A year ago today, we released our second full-length album. As with all our work, the music is completely improvised. One of us plays the Bass VI and guitar while the other one handles drum machines and synths. Both of us sing, and the lyrics come from cut-ups taken from books, magazines, ads, etc.

1 Like

Little 1 minute sketch. DN is at the end of the signal chain. DN comes in when the comb filter pitch sweep is done (around 19 seconds):

Love the vibe on this one!

6 Likes

I feel that post-apocalyptic sci-fi vibe too!

1 Like

2 Likes

The Pad
Iteratively modifying one of the preset sounds in poly mode of the Analog Four - The Pad.

Details
  • Starting with only one oscillator active
  • Adding more oscillators gradually
  • Changing the type of the oscillators
  • Increasing filter modulation
  • Adding overdrive to filter
  • Changing filter type
  • Removing oscillators gradually

5 Likes

Here’s a track I originally made in 2013. In 2017 I went back to it to tweak it, it’s one of my favourite tracks that I’ve made. People I’ve played it to don’t really warm to it but it feels like as near to finished as I get.

Even so, I’ve tweaked it again today, after a lovely night celebrating my younger brothers 48th birthday.

On both occasions when I’ve gone back to tweak it I’ve ended up rewriting quite a lot of it. My doziness around saving properly acting as a ‘happy accident’ of sorts… when I went back to load, on both occasions, plugins were missing. In 2003 I had no money and so I used software that I couldn’t afford, promising myself that when I was able to afford it I would buy it (if I used it)

By 2017 I’d dug myself out of around £35,000 of debt. I’m really good at spending money. I don’t have a car, kids or own a house. At that time I had few belongings but I had a lot of nice trainers that were well worn through dancing in fields and dirty basements. I was stupid I guess but BOY was it good for my soul.

I felt that buying the things I create with was important, if I can afford it. So I did. I’ve since spent a heaps of cash on software and I have a few nice machines now too. In 2017 I’d bought most of my software, but not all of it.

In 2020 everything I use is bought and paid for and this too feels good for the soul.

Anyhoo… here’s the track. I like it, I hope that you might too

2 Likes

A random ambient track, with some generative techniques. I’ve tried to emulate some kind of improvising band…
Rings plays a guitar solo, elements plays chords, plaits plays double bass, and plonk plays random percussion.

FX: Clouds on rings. Avalanche run on Plonk, and Strymon Volante on Elements.

3 Likes

This makes me not regret ordering an A4…

Amazing soundscapes.

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Wonderful abd the visuals great!

1 Like

thanks!

sonic pi sequencing DN (rhytmic part) + waldorf blofeld (ambient landscape), visuals with milkdrop + touchdesigner

5 Likes