Share something

Thanks… you’re the first person to compliment the size of my pepper.

3 Likes

:laughing:

I guess I could manage to do this by myself, I’ll give it a try at some point.
I wonder what kind of power would be needed for a two-row one…

What was the price of yours in the end?
Do you have a kind of BOM for the components you bought?

@LyingDalai : my kind of BOM (thank you for teaching me a new acronym) :

• Phillips screws M3,5 box 200u, 4€ (Lidl) fix the woods panels.
  • Allen/hexagonals scews M5, bag 8u, 4,5€ (Bricomarché), for fixing the rails
  • Eurorack rail 84hp x2, 30,16€ with shipping (Schneidersladen)
  • Auminium plate 1,5mm x 150mm x 1000 mm, 10,5€ (Bricomarché), the sides
    Wood from canibalised old furnitures 0€
  • Behringer CPIA 85€
  • Nuts M3, 200u box 2,2€ (hexagonal :unamused: square ones are better for sliding)
  • 2 knurlies, personnal stock
    About 136,36€. Is that a good price… :thinking: it depend on your available time and your palatability for diy.
    Compares to Doepfer A-100 LC for 255€ or Eowave 6U Studio Case 2x 84hp for 281,3 € that’s not a great performance.

The thing is that i really love diy in my workshop. Each time improving my skills

2 Likes

The distant past was often actually like this.

1 Like

What’s up gang?

I am happy to announce this free sample pack to feed your hungry samplers.

Here’s some info and the links to the demo and the pack itself.

Techno-Supplements FREE 2022 Techno Essentials Sample Pack - Heavy warehouse Kick drums, rumbles, hihats & driving noise loops, claps, rides, percussions, synth-lines, fx & textured atmospheres - this sample pack features all essential elements for you next techno production and live-act.

:zap:100% royalty free samples
:zap:Produced with Hardware Instruments (Moog, Virus, Roland, Elektron, …)
:zap:300+ wave-files / mb
:zap:one-shots, loops & backing tracks
:zap:classic & unique sounds
:zap:Wave-files captured in 24bit@44.1kHz on a high-class RME audio-interface
:zap:For all recent hardware & software samplers/ DAWs

Free Download:
►►► *FREE* 2022 Techno Essentials

Enjoy the ride!

5 Likes

Oh wow, curious about this as want to do a sample/kit pack. How long this take you? Would love to learn about your approach.

@pokk Thanks for the interest! This pack is collection of samples and loops I have recorded throughout the years. So it became a question of what to bundle together and how to get it out and basically just doing it.

This pack in essence is testing if people like my stuff and figuring out what to do next.

So a themed pack, say ‘DFAM Weird but useful noises’ of 128 sounds, that might take 4-6h to make (30 cool sounds per hour + chopping + demo song) + 2h for graphics and copy. That’s around 8+ hours, maybe - probably - more.

Hope that’s what you wanted know? Cheers!

1 Like

That’s definitely useful. I presume you just sit and create a sound and then use that last sound as the kick off for the next and keep going? Good to hear the time spent for sure. I have done a bit if this myself, although only the initial creating part, but found it actually quite quick compared to say working on a track, although I’m quick with that also, but the sound creating felt a bit freeing surprisingly.

I presume you typically create more freely and see whats what afterwards instead of creating for a specific style or something?

I’m going to download these tomorrow, yet to do so.

Yes that’s how those sessions usually go. One sounds leads to another. Then you listen to what you recorded and chop and keep what you like.

I try to keep focus, but when the creative rabit hole leads into a certain direction just go with the flow.

You can always rehearse and get more specific.

Again, it becomes a question of what you bundle together.

Pretty much all samples and loops on the pack I can see me use or have actually used them. That’s why they have been recorded for in the first place.

Have fun with sample, let me know how you like thempack. And

1 Like

STL file for a stand for OTO Machines FX to feed your 3d printers.

Also works for your digi-box and OT format instruments.

OTO-Hex-2.STL (24.3 KB)

2 Likes

14 Likes

Where was it ?

the catacombs of Paris?

1 Like

Indeed. I loved it.

So much to be said about this place and its culture… The maps that are shared between trustworthy people, the implicit rules (urban art ones but also safety and good behavior ones), degradation versus maintaining the place, freedom vs illegality/risks, cataclean, catacops, the gloom vs the beauty, the exaltation vs the apprehension.

7 hours there felt like 2.

12 Likes

anyone remember hell.com?
Copies (1999) < Eva & Franco Mattes

I am always looking for a fun portable instruments. Yesterday I tried to spend some time with the Korg M01D app on my 3DS. It’s by far the dankest setup I have used but is actually quite fun and makes funny music.

As a fan of both the 3DS and the Korg M1, I love it. I would describe it as a pocket operator version of FL Studio. (probably because of the color scheme).

Has anyone here used it? Or something similar? I’m also curious to see and hear what are the most unexpected music setups people have used around here.

First snow in Montreal, Quebec.

8 Likes

Those drums.

You’re a lot younger than I thought you were

6 Likes

If you wanted to know how I looked in the 70’s, there you go. My son is a clone of myself, beautiful, isn’t it?

2 Likes