Timeless and gorgeous.

2 Likes

Your wife has the patience of a mountain. :joy:
Very nice!

1 Like

Cool :sunglasses:

1 Like
8 Likes

Dawless robots are going to be a thing once they figure out succulents.

4 Likes

Now that is a song mode!

2 Likes

A snippet of something I did in AUM last night/this morning.
Iā€™d love comments on the mix.
I can weather the brutality.

3 Likes

If it was my mix, Iā€™d thin out some of the sounds at the higher end and Iā€™d bring the bassline up in the mix a bit, maybe add a sub to it at least an octave lower.

Itā€™s all pretty subjective though, if you like how it sounds then it sounds good.

1 Like

thanks - right now, Iā€™m just not that confident in my ears.
I will say, tho - I do it all by ear - not quite at the stage where Iā€™m working with numeric frequencies as a guideā€¦

Iā€™m pretty sure that this is one of the less horrible things Iā€™ve laid down, from a mix perspective.
I like the idea of the sub layer for the bass. Iā€™m going to add that. itā€™s not thick enough.
thanks for that suggestion.
I will also try filtering the other two parts. you think both the keys and the lead should be ā€œthinned outā€?
thanks again.

I donā€™t know about the keys and the lead, maybe just turn the hats down a touch, or a bit of eq or filter on them or something.

Like I said though, itā€™s all pretty subjective. Trust your ears

1 Like

I havenā€™t listened because Iā€™m out and I wouldnā€™t want to judge it on an iPhone. Buuut, this bit stuck out to me. Carry on using your ears, compare with other tracks at the same volume, but donā€™t go down the route of looking at frequencies in a DAW EQ plugin. All that visual mixing is bullshit and itā€™ll make things much harder or sound shit/unnatural (at least in my experience). Iā€™m so glad I just mix things by ear nowadays, even though I still use a DAW. Close your eyes and really listen instead. As long as your monitoring is fine and youā€™re used to how other things sound on your cans or monitors, youā€™ll be absolutely golden.

As @Fin25 says, if it sounds good, it is good :+1:

2 Likes

Einsturzende Neubauten

5 Likes

I was accepted into the University of Washington today :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Still a lot of work ahead!

2 Likes