Share something

thanks!

the pitch changes (although they are different between patterns) come from assigning the comb filter to different pitches per scene.

i got that idea from Max Marco (@defenestration)

2 Likes

Cool, thanks, thatā€™s not what I thought was happening :+1:

1 Like

the synth sample is also locked to different pitches and/or slices per trig in patterns 2 and 3ā€¦ then doubly transposed with the comb filter. ā€¦OT is so wild.

1 Like

I havenā€™t messed about with the comb filter in agesā€¦must revisit this fxā€¦it is a beast of a box!

1 Like

Had a go with the schlagzwerg today. Not much out there on this guy so I thought Iā€™d upload a quick video

2 Likes

3 Likes

:thinking:

The rubberised coating on the mod wheels melted (Australian summer) so I took the module apart to clean up the mess. Pretty in there huh?

5 Likes

Oh jeez! Just been researching this problem literally this morning.

Got a very sticky pitch wheel and the mod wheel is half way down the same road :roll_eyes:

How exactly are you managing the problem?
I need to do this

Moog sub 37? Or other?
If sub 37, I took the wheels out, and used methylated spirit and a sharp blade to scrape off the rubberized coating gunk. Then reassemble.
Undo the four screws on on the bottom where the wheel module sits. Take the left side panel off, lift out the front panel, disconnect the front panel and the wheel module. Then lift out the wheel module. Unscrew the potentiometer mounts, slide the wheels off the pot shafts. Then get scraping.
If you get stuck, PM me.

2 Likes

That is awesome.
Iā€™ll have a go at this when I next get the opportunity. Youā€™re a star, thank you.

Lol at
ā€œIf you get stuck.ā€
The irony :wink:

1 Like

ā€œWhere one sequence ends, another must begin.ā€

Finally wrapped my next project! Desitive Sequence is a 7 track EP with a techno / electro feel. I hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment, criticize, and give feedback. Itā€™s greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Oi oi oiā€¦I had the same this summer in AUST with a Sub37! I didnā€™t disassemble though, I just used isopropyl alcohol and extended the pitch and mod to the full extent up and down and scraped goop of with a clothā€¦I donā€™t think itā€™s the AUST sun because sitting beside the sub37 is a sub phatty with no problems what so ever!

Thatā€™s interesting. I read about a lot of sufferers with other MOOG synths.
Why on Earth MOOG chose this materials isnā€™t fathomable to me in the slightest.
My Sub37 is in Japan and I try and keep the light off it as much as pos. for the first year, the way it was positioned meant it was exposed to a fair bit of sun.
Need to get my hands on some of that cleaning liquid. Canā€™t wait to remove this horrible goo.

Yup not the light here either. Ive got shades out side the window and a blind inside to protect my gear. I think its a combo of heat, natural oils from skin, and humidity maybe?
I had a focusrite interface that had knobs with exactly the same problem.
Isopropyl didnt work for me. Interesting. I took the wheels out as I didnt want solvent or grime getting into the potentiometers.

1 Like

Probably wiseā€¦metho is not circuit friendlyā€¦the residue travels along surfaces over time like oilā€¦I still scraped like bugery with the isopropyl, in hind sight maybe it was pure elbow grease that removed the goopšŸ¤£

Pretty nice, Iā€˜ve only had a quick jump through the songs and they all seem nice, but Iā€˜ll give them a full listen later today.

What Iā€˜ve noticed is the artwork - I remember there was a thread. The choice of colors is nice, goes well with the digital degradation of the image. You seem to have this same artwork style for all your releases, but this one looks the most elegant, in my opinion.

1 Like

Shit.
My Subsequent37 has been sitting in a Kennards storage in the Sydney west for over a year. It was 46Ā°C the other day too.
I guess itā€™s time to inspect the damage :rage:

Thank you for the feedback! The color choice was accidental, Haha. I applied a glow filter to this image and it ended up it was on a navy blue color already. I thought the color was fitting for the music.

This project was a great learning experience for me as I did different sections , notation wise, for the bridges. Trying to achieve more variation.