Share something

Friday night’s entertainment. Good ole fashioned American music perfect for a warm summer night. Long strange trip indeed!

2 Likes

Finally updated my DN to 121, some fun with the new ratio fine ctrls

Clip from a gig last Friday
I LOVE the dark trinity. Such a compact but powerful set up.
The simplicity gives me more time to set up the visual elements.
Currently using 4 midi tracks from the OT to drive VDMX on my laptop running into 3 55" TVs

14 Likes

Got a request to sing lead vocals in a band. Could be fun?!

3 Likes

It’s usually in my apartment, but I take it to gigs. I’ve offered to share but most people aren’t prepared to jack in

1 Like

So 80s I love it.

3 Likes

Thanks!!! I really appreciate the compliments.
I’ve been trying to release this 30 min set I’ve been playing, but things keep getting in the way.
I had a bad A4 that wouldn’t let me back up my work. Right at the moment I was going to lay down tracks at a friends studio, it died/bricked.
Elektron fixed it for free, but I lost a lot of work.
Basically I got all my project data back except sounds. All pattern data, but just triangle default sounds.
Almost back on track, trying to record again soon!

2 Likes

As a teenager a played drums for like 3-4 years, but thats basically all my music knowledge.
~6 months ago I bought my first Synth/Sequencer: Digitakt.
“I couldn’t feel it”, so I sold it, bought an OP-Z, found the synth engines annoying, sold it aswell. 2month ago a bought a deluge. Kind of overwhelmed by its possibilities but decided to stick to it an buy a Digitone later on.
I love modern synths / sequencers for the fact that someone like me with nearly no knowledge about music theory can produce something like a “song”. I know that these two “tracks” aren’t good, but I wanted to share my way as a 2019-Synth-Newbie :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Happy Stranger Things 3 day!

3 Likes

Myself and my friend have some live gigs coming up in London from this September, so have been working on a live set.

OT, Mopho, Microfreak, and TR8s seems to be working nicely for us.

Little snippet from last night.

3 Likes

made a primitive visualizer for my Reaktor patch, but it’s pretty mesmerizing to me

8 Likes

I LOVE the visuals. Music is cool too😀

Opened a Wavestation A/D up to replace a broken contrast potentiometer. I might put in one of those spiffy white on black displays while I’m at it…

5 Likes

Passed by Yamaha HQ in Tokyo today

9 Likes

Jamming!

1 Like

Yo, I just made a little 0-Coast sample pack for a piece I was working on : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TNCelrs4zYUGdnkwOogDgylmPuvMrWQD

It’s just 15 seconds long notes of a pretty standard sound, halfway between the triangle and the square waveform I guess, with me slightly tweaking the knobs during each recording to add movement. I samples 4 octaves (C2 to B5 I believe) and thought this might be useful to some so here you go!

And here is the piece if anyone’s curious! It’s a generative droney/ambient/soundscape thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fiveG, Tokyo. Amazing to see

7 Likes

Wow. That one stand is valued at around $40,000. :joy: Gorgeous condition too.

Yup, that was the thing - all immaculate. There was an old technician refurbishing some other vintage synth behind the counter… all in all the atmosphere was like a museum but all for sale - vintage moog modulars, roland system 100, emu samplers, melotrons, sp1200s… some of the old mfb stuff was also nice to see.

2 Likes

A photo of the current sequencer(s) patch I just set up for a bit of Berlin School Kosmische I plan to record to a 4-track Portastudio tomorrow.

10 Likes