Share something

Just a little audio/visual sketch. I recycled and mangled an old animated loop from my archive, using Adobe Animate, Premiere and After Effects. The beat was created in Ableton Live with the Dreadbox Nyx on synth duties and Epsilon for gnarly FX. Enjoy!

Built a new rack for my MOTU and patch bay, and starting a new rack for other gear (MD, DT, AH, Nord2X), and with a few Us left over for interesting stuff. Lmk if you have anything you want to sell! Will post pictures of the second rack when I’m done

3 Likes

Started something new today. A lot more stripped back than our usual, but tempted to keep it so; all that’s going on is Prophet 6 for the baseline, Digitone for the Chorus-y melody, and drums from the A4mk2 and Octatrack.

4 Likes

A little dub jam I was inspired to make after sampling a friends voicemail. Enjoy!!

2 Likes

1 Like

I hope you got a good deal on those illuminated buttons! The ones I’ve been using are around $17 each. :dizzy_face:

Nice work!!

Thanks - finding them cheap took a bit of effort, but I managed to find some on Ali express - They’re not quite as well made as the more expensive ones tbh, but as I needed so many they had to do. Took a while to arrive from China!

1 Like

just in case you’re interested, found the link as I wanted to remember what I did pay - $1.87 each…

they are less nice than some of the ones I picked up while prototyping though - the light moves with the button, rather than leaving an illuminated tube and they’re a lot lighter for example.

1 Like

Thanks!!

They may come in handy on some black panels. The ones I use are stainless only I believe.

I like the weight of the ones I’ve used, but they’re not going into elevators, so…,

:wink:

Sad day at work, two drones defective this morning when demos are in a week, hard to find some motivation the rest of the day. I have looooot if work though, and very close deadlines!

So tonight I made a simple repetitive beat on the AR, with Avalon Bassline jumping on disto, and OB6 with AH fuzz behind. A blast, I should have recorded something. Anyway, I feel like I have made some sport and cleared up my mind, sleep will be good :smiley:

7 Likes

Awesome! There’s nothing quite like a good jam after one of ‘those’ days… and by George we all have them.

And heyyyyyyyy didn’t know you had an OB6. Must’ve missed that somewhere… congrats!!!
It’s sweet, right?! I find it has a huge sweet spot. Dialling in something nice is so easy.

3 Likes

I just wanted to share that it is impossible to find a decent video of the prophet 6, all i find is pads and pling pling jams. :roll_eyes:

Just wanted to share this little slow mo video of an amazing patch of poppies I cycle past everyday on my way to work. Decided to stop and film it.
And added a slow hip-hop digitakt beat on top of it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just wanted to throw a midsommar hälsning to yall nauts!

have a good one

2 Likes

Just a little test. OT sequencing the C64 with Mssiah cart. #SID

1 Like

Shhh! I my interest in the OB-6 was just starting to cool… :grimacing:

More on-topic, related to LyingDalai’s post, I snuck in about 20-30 minutes on my Octatrack before work, while waiting for my son to wake up this morning. I wanted to try something out (I think it’s sort of a Cenk trick) where all trigs were active, but set with a 59% trig condition on a sliced 2-bar beat I made with Digitone. I live-recorded p-locks for the slice, just wiggling the knob within the slice range. Even in a short test, it produced a result I was looking for. This definitely got me going down a path, can’t wait to tweak it further. Free time is hard to come by these days, so it’s nice to squeeze something into a small window of time.

1 Like

OB-6 desktop with Novation 61SL mk3 on control, and AH behind :smiley:
The blast I had with simple arps :smiley:

Yes, 50% conf trigs on hats are pretty fun. Put some retrigs here and there, different velocities, and you get a very organic groove !

1 Like

I’ve spent the past few hours messing around with the EPS 16+ that came to my door yesterday. After a bit of exploration, I was able to successfully convert a wavetable I made with the PPG Waveterm/Wave 2.2 into a file that is compatible with the Ensoniq’s TransWaves. I then sent it over to the sampler via Sample Wrench running in Windows 7 via Bootcamp on an old 2011 MacBook Pro. After that, it was easy enough to create a TransWave patch using the wavetable, with velocity controlling the wave cycle in play.

After all these years of lusting after an Ensoniq sampler capable of user TransWave support, I’ve found out what I long expected: that the Octatrack and Digitakt are pretty much fully capable of performing the same functions as TransWaves*. :stuck_out_tongue:

*Caveat: meaning TransWaves 1.0, mind you - the initial incarnation that didn’t allow for interpolation between the individual bits. So don’t delete that Fizmo from your “Watch” list on account of me…

7 Likes

Interesting read…

Quick track I did after rearranging my studio and updating my firmware for my Digitone v1.21 and some other gear. Recorded in one take. Love working in the 140+ bpm zone. Scale per track in the Digitone is a game changer.

Digitone - Melody / Bassline
Reface CS - Chords
Machinedrum - Percussion

Enjoy!

Like, share, comment and subscribe to show your support.

3 Likes