Sequential Trigon-6

The price here is 4645 CAN$.

2 Likes

Yeah, what the other synth has going in its favor is I can buy a desktop version and have those sounds right now.

My top GAS shield against this one is no desktop module.

2 Likes

I’m just waiting from the trigon trigun special edition for 5k before I buy

Trigun_01_(Tokuma_Shoten)

8 Likes

Seen on the keys for old guys forum

I’m a Memorymoog owner. Watching the video, I spotted “LO” octave setting and a keyboard disconnect button on VCO3. Definitely Memorymoog territory as you can use VCO3 as an LFO, one per voice which gives you six more LFOs. Those six LFOs are free-running which is a great tool when routing VCO3 to PWM or pitch of VCO2, the modulation of each voice is asynchronous. It’s one of my favorite tools on my Memorymoog.

The ladder filter is switchable between 2 and 4 pole response. Useful but don’t expect the 2 pole mode to sound like a SEM SVF.

Browsing the spec, all the Memorymoog features are there. Heck, even the panel layout is similar to the Memorymoog.

3 Likes

It sounds absolutely beautiful.

Somehow they made a moog that sounds exactly like a sequential.

7 Likes

I look at these high sequential prices and the inner devil says “see an iridium keyboard from Thomann is cheaper than 3500US, they want to save you money bro”

3 Likes

I almost did the same myself. Timing was bad for me so I waited.

Now this will be an option when the time comes again.

I think the module prices are reasonable, but I don’t think it is worth an extra $1200 for 49 keys and a pitch and mod wheel.

2 Likes

While I wait for the module price in spring I should get an iridium keyboard to keep me occupied though. Lol

I have several polysynths now that meet my needs just fine, so I can spend $0 US and keep making music.

OTOH, I’ll someday get a Sequential, just because I can.

5 Likes

Also what a time to be alive with so many polysynths to play on our free time.

2 Likes

I also need to keep reserving some space for the Osmose that I preordered during the before times.

3 Likes

Kidney for sale…

1 Like

Desktop version please.

3 Likes

The “O” in Trigon kinda reminds me of the alcoholics anonymous bumper sticker

2 Likes

Oh, this looks tempting. Do you think they will release a desktop version? Didn’t do that for Pro3 or Take5. Were P6/5/OB6 desktop modules announced with the keyboard version or later on?

I suspect the Trigon-6 will sound pretty fat out of the box and will definitely be will not sit in a mix without processing?

The desktop modules for the P5/10 at least were announced later. I’d assume this will get one too.

6 Likes

This is why I can’t afford to have kids. Sequential is the ultimate contraceptive.

9 Likes

Does the “Trigon-6” name remind anyone else of “Qui-Gon Jinn”?

8 Likes