Sequential Trigon-6

Damn this sounds pretty good in the reverb video. I was hoping for a more straight up polyphonic version of the pro 3 combined with the p6 but I guess it does have some of that

I don’t think it makes me want to give up my take-5 but even the desktop version will be a little out of my price range anyway

Seems incredible though. Very exciting instrument. Dave smith was the best

Come again?

3 Likes

I hate to be that person every time, but who is OKing the final look of their synths lately? Both this one and Take 5 are so needlessly unfinished or sad looking.

7 Likes

perhaps the wood sides are user-removable, so they can be stained/painted for a customized look.

CDM article says this thing is almost a Memorymoog clone, short of attracting attention from Moog Music’s lawyer(s)

I love the look. Take 5 is great looking, sleek and modern without being over the top and tasteless like something that will date itself in ten years. This one looks even more classy, but I guess I’m not a fan of the font. The p6 layout is super nice though. Best synth design imho, maybe outside of an xpander

So is this the Sequential Moog? Just realized that outside of the ladder filter, it’s also the same architecture. I guess that was pretty obvious but it just occurred to me

That’s very appealing

Thank you @GovernorSilver

4 Likes

Didn’t the MemoryMoog use 3340 oscillators? I’m sure I read they had tuning issues with discrete oscillators during development. So if Sequential would have given this the 3340’s too it would be even closer!

1 Like

3 months after I pulled the trigger on the P6. Wish i had seen this coming.

1 Like

Official specs are up

3 Likes

Contemporary Sequential Trinity is now complete: P6, OB6, T6.

6 Likes

perhaps next is X6, the stripped down, working person’s Prophet XL

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear that perspective, glad its just different tastes and not declining standards on their part

I wonder what’s this for (I don’t know how you call this in English, the metal bar that helps to open the synth)? Is it there to facilitate the addition of an expansion card?

1 Like

New VCO’s as well.

That is there for any repairs or maintenance you have to do. I think the top can flip open if you take the end cheeks off.

4 Likes

I believe that’s the hinge, like on a door to swing open, from the 2nd video in the factory it looked like it was maxed out at 6 voice cards internally

4 Likes

Putting this in my vocabulary, thanks.

6 Likes

I bet this thing sounds sweet, especially in person.

I do wish they’d taken a step beyond the venerable Polymod interface. It looks like Trigon uses the same setup as the Prophet 5, Prophet 6 and OB6. It was revolutionary (and very workable) on the original Sequential synths … but on the P6 and OB6 I miss having a small modulation matrix instead. With Polymod, you have no way to route each modulation source separately, or even control how much modulation each destination gets.

Still nice to see one last gift from Dave Smith to the music world.

5 Likes

Worth bumping because the video isn’t just somebody jamming on the synth - I tend to skip intro videos like this myself. :rofl:

In this case, skipping this was a mistake. It has engineers talking about the synth architecture and stuff, yet it’s only about 4 min. long.

5 Likes

I need to hear more demos. but yeah… it’s the type of synth I’ve really wanted Moog to make with their oscillators and filters. but I suspect they never will.

2 Likes

I know. I can’t get those out of my head either. So beautiful. I really hope somebody tries those patches out here and let’s us know if they are as good as they seem in the video.

This new Sequential synth sounds fantastic, but I will agree that it doesn’t look so good. At first I thought it was a budget synth to fill out the Take 5 price line. I think I’d much rather have a module version of this one for that reason.

1 Like