Sequential Trigon-6

Not knocking the synth or architecture, or Dave’s vision, but that’s a lot of money for polymod on a 3 OSC synth, and a ladder filter.

One could get a Take 5 + OB-6 module combo for not much more (or same price if you know how to deal).

So this is more for people who want to collect them all, yea?

2 Likes

Still hoping Sequential will get back to its more experimental roots. Evolver, Prophet 12 kind of stuff. But with Dave now in the permanent upstairs, maybe that won’t happen. At any rate, this one’s not for me.

7 Likes

I was thinking more about this :

But this is only me : occupational hazard.

Oh I think this is where the name comes from. Pretty cool!

First thing that came to my mind as well ^^

3 Likes

Yeah, likewise. I’ve got an OB6 and… Idk, at most it would be a one in, one out, but I’m not feeling that either right now.

1 Like

4K€, ootch…
The higher the price, the happier I am with my current gear.

7 Likes

For Sequential fanboys, fangirls, etc. who wanted Dave Smith’s take on the Memorymoog, or at least a Moog-ish sibling to the Prophetish P6 and Obie-ish OB6. I’ve seen peeps on another forum call themselves Sequential fanboys.

For the time being, I continue to save my pennies for a P5/P10 desktop, as my “don’t need it but wanna treat myself” synth.

3 Likes

As much as I love my p6, I wish sequential would just make sequential synth’s, if I want a moog I will buy a moog, they are still making stuff. At least with Oberheim he kinda helped Tom, this seems kinda weird though… and who can afford three $3500 synth’s and then knows you got the complete budget series…lol. People eat this stuff up though, so what do I know… Maybe they are hoping people will buy this stuff before they realize how overpriced it all is…

3 Likes

When you say it, at least shake your fist and blame it on teenagers.

Really cool post from Tycho. Instagram link and content below for those without a login:

tychomusic Huge congrats to Sequential for the announcement of their new synthesizer, the Trigon 6. I had the great honor of designing the front panel graphics and contributing to the module layout. It was a dream come true to sit in on meetings and see Dave and the team working through the design of this synth. I met Dave a couple years ago through a mutual friend and one day we were discussing the design of the original Sequential Logo. I mentioned I had been a graphic designer in a past life and Dave said he had a project I might be interested in. He shared the details of a polyphonic synthesizer built around the iconic ladder filter design and it was truly inspiring to hear someone who after so many years innovating was still passionate about their craft. I of course jumped at the opportunity and although I only contributed to the cosmetic aspects it was fascinating to see the process that goes into designing an analog synthesizer. I tend to think of these instruments as magic boxes and often forget that dedicated, visionary engineers like Dave spend countless hours dreaming these things up so that artists and music fans can be inspired.

So congrats again to the team at Sequential, I think Dave would have been very proud of how this instrument turned out.

10 Likes

Oh, dear lord. I’ve enjoyed Tycho’s music since his debut. This activated my emotion over reason to no end.

6 Likes

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag as far as a desktop module.

2 Likes

£3,400 for the keyboard version, so I guess maybe £2,500 for the desktop module - if it ever gets released. That’s a pass for now for me.
On a brighter note, just bought a REV2 16 module, so looking forward to getting that next week!

2 Likes

fwiw, I did not flag your post, nor did I feel it was necessary to flag it.

If I were in Sweden, yeah I’d consider buying it. Let me guess, the Prophet-12 once again proved to be the better sounding machine for what you were trying to do… :wink:

2 Likes

Same, huge fan of Tycho. I guess since they both lived in San Francisco that it’s fair to expect they’d cross paths, but I’m still surprised the collaboration went this far!

Strangely enough piqued my interest in the trigon again lol, I’ll have to hear more and wait for a module though $-wise.

1 Like

Does the $600 Berhinger Model D sound that different?

I’d buy a desktop version of the Trigon, did they say whether or not they are building one?

1 Like

Meh, I’ll hold out for the Quadgon-12.

2 Likes

Sounds good so far but it looks boring

2 Likes

Agreed. Boring and generic. Thanks, Tycho?

3 Likes