Sequential resumes Prophet-5

I keep listening to the first all-P5 composition… incredible. The second half is :exploding_head:

1 Like

Oh man…

18 Likes

By the looks of the photo colour scheme you got one! :grinning: Congrats! To me there’s not a better poly synth out there, although my Prophet 6 doesn’t like me saying that!

2 Likes

That’s what I keep hearing… @Scot_Solida has been telling me that forever. Can’t believe that I actually have one :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Last weekend we had a jam with Prophet 15! (The Rev4 has a voice expansion card)

7 Likes

Wow. How did the Rev4 compare?

I’m sure the true purpose of this vid was to flex on us about how he’s got two certain sweet toys and most don’t have both

1 Like

did we miss this one, oh lordy?

Really really close. The rev3 was in need of calibration, but the sound of the oscs/filters/polymod ect. was basicly the same.

1 Like

Hi everyone, tried the prophet with a shallow water today and I have to say that I think its random vibrato fits nicely to the prophet.

Furthermore the prophet by itself is already great at emulating organic sounds, and me think having that low pass gate thing added at its output is a big step forward in this direction.
For polyphonic phrases, it can keep the bite as the gate opens but gently removes the Highs as the volume decays which is more true to the way frequencies decay in an acoustic instrument I believe (can someone confirm this? still scratching my head with this a bit)
I tried the LPG trick with my analog heat filters & enveloppe follower and it worked just as nicely with even more control (attack, decay, filter slope).

I am so happy I found all that. give it a try!

4 Likes

Love the shallow water with the P5 too!

What you mentioned about emulating with the AH is the main reason I want to try the Heat again. Though I wouldn’t sell the Shallow water as I love the preamp side of that and the randomness.

2 Likes

I think the Heat might also work to stereoize the prophet at the same time.
What if we set the LPG in combination with the “frequency pan” (offset between L and R filters), maybe modulate the pan a bit with the LFO, and see what happens.
I’ll try! :yum:

That could be nice! I did try two Shallow waters once but concluded it was a little ott and pricey lol. Did sound good though haha.

1 Like

if it wasn’t for the price would you have kept them both?

and if you love the shallow W sound, but need stereo is there anything in particular that you might recommend?

Yes, I’d have kept them I suppose. I don’t know how often I’d use them both together though. I think you’d get sick of hearing it.

Nothing stereo comes to mind. Though there’s a stereo ZOIA patch but it was pretty complicated and I could never get the results I wanted personally.

I honestly think half of the thing with the SW is the preamp side of it.

2 Likes

Stacking & Layering on the 10 and why 10 is the preferred choice

I’ve just taken delivery of a brand new Prophet 10 Desktop. Just tried updating the firmware to 2.0. It went through fine. After rebooting, I’m just getting the three dashes on the display, no other buttons lighting up, and the unit is unresponsive.

Any ideas? Very nervous I messed it up somehow…

Ended up figuring out bootloader mode and got it working right before you responded. Thank you!

Amazing machine, the knobs are not very smooth right now however, it feels like they need breaking in or something.

Does anyone know where to download 2.0.4 and 1.1.3 for the prophet? I see there’s a new firmware but I can’t see where to download it anywhere on their site!