Sequential resumes Prophet-5

https://www.sequential.com/product/prophet-5/

Lol, we’re giving the mods extra work. Love y’all!

28 Likes

Looks awesome! Love the Vintage knob for more or less stability and having all the Revs :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

This looks great. Very exciting. I love the selectable filters, and also that they are doing a 10 voice option, the Prophet 10, for those that want more voices.

The definitive synthesizer.

Definitively outside my reaches sadly

4 Likes

Any word on prices?

2 Likes

And I also love that they are referring to it as the Prophet-5 Rev4. They are just picking up where they left off.

1 Like

“Both models will be available in October. The Prophet-5 has a US MAP of $3,499. The Prophet-10 has a US MAP of $4,299.”

4 Likes

Looks incredible, I hope his book ends comment isn’t a sign of the end!

1 Like

Looks like around $3,500 for the 5, and $4,300 for the 10 here in the US.

Looks beautiful. Whats the difference between this model and the Prophet 6? Im getting confused with so many Sequentials.

Thanks @ronsun and @HoldMyBeer. Well that instantly put a dampener on my interest! :cry:

1 Like

Wow!

Crazy!

So what’s the “different kind of musician”? Rich?

10 Likes

I’m glad my order for the KARP 2600 didn’t go through, thanks to the bungling by the store as recounted on that thread. That money is now available for a Prophet 5. Sorry, Korg! :joy:

I first heard of this thing called a Prophet 5 when I read an interview with Thompson Twins in the newspaper when I was in junior high. Nostalgia appeal is huge for me here, even more than the Oberheim polys.

2 Likes

Not shocked at all at the prices. Made in the USA by American labor… not cheap.

7 Likes

Handy chart

5 Likes

Seriously eyeing this wow. Id probably have to save for like 2 years but based on how great my OB6 is, the price seems fair and worth it to me. Might open a savings account lmao.

2 Likes

It even includes with the original 40 presets form 1978. Very cool.

2 Likes

Says theres a desktop version available on here!

3 Likes

Prophet-6 has been my dream synth, now it’s this… but it looks like I’ll be sticking with U-he Repro :slight_smile:

3 Likes