Sequential resumes Prophet-5

https://www.sequential.com/product/prophet-5/

Lol, we’re giving the mods extra work. Love y’all!

26 Likes

Looks awesome! Love the Vintage knob for more or less stability and having all the Revs :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

This looks great. Very exciting. I love the selectable filters, and also that they are doing a 10 voice option, the Prophet 10, for those that want more voices.

The definitive synthesizer.

Definitively outside my reaches sadly

2 Likes

Any word on prices?

2 Likes

And I also love that they are referring to it as the Prophet-5 Rev4. They are just picking up where they left off.

1 Like

“Both models will be available in October. The Prophet-5 has a US MAP of $3,499. The Prophet-10 has a US MAP of $4,299.”

4 Likes

Looks incredible, I hope his book ends comment isn’t a sign of the end!

1 Like

Looks like around $3,500 for the 5, and $4,300 for the 10 here in the US.

Looks beautiful. Whats the difference between this model and the Prophet 6? Im getting confused with so many Sequentials.

Thanks @ronsun and @HoldMyBeer. Well that instantly put a dampener on my interest! :cry:

1 Like

Wow!

Crazy!

So what’s the “different kind of musician”? Rich?

9 Likes

I’m glad my order for the KARP 2600 didn’t go through, thanks to the bungling by the store as recounted on that thread. That money is now available for a Prophet 5. Sorry, Korg! :joy:

I first heard of this thing called a Prophet 5 when I read an interview with Thompson Twins in the newspaper when I was in junior high. Nostalgia appeal is huge for me here, even more than the Oberheim polys.

1 Like

Not shocked at all at the prices. Made in the USA by American labor… not cheap.

6 Likes

Handy chart

5 Likes

Seriously eyeing this wow. Id probably have to save for like 2 years but based on how great my OB6 is, the price seems fair and worth it to me. Might open a savings account lmao.

1 Like

It even includes with the original 40 presets form 1978. Very cool.

2 Likes

Says theres a desktop version available on here!

3 Likes

Prophet-6 has been my dream synth, now it’s this… but it looks like I’ll be sticking with U-he Repro :slight_smile:

3 Likes