Sequential Pro 3

I agree with you regarding the looks. Not pretty. My excitement comes from the feature set.

1 Like

Absolutely, the feature set looks totally awesome, it’s insanely cool to be a synth freak in 2020.

5 Likes

Interesting to see they’ve dropped the digital oscillators of the Pro 2 and gone down the VCO route.

1 Like

I think the standard looks much better than the SE.

And does anyone else prefer seeing the old ‘SEQUENTIAL’ mark instead of that corny ‘Dave Smith Instruments’?

10 Likes

Agreed. It’s not got that premium ‘look’ to my eyes. And those red leds… hmmm. Hopefully they won’t be laser bright like so many other synths (Evolver included). As you say, it’s personal preference. I loved the look and spec of the Pro 2 when that launched, just never got around to snapping one up. Maybe now is the time to look.

Yeah it’s good to see the old moniker. Nice move from Yamaha when they let Dave use the name again.

2 Likes

I bet those photos are color graded and the leds aren’t that intense in real life, it looks like the same buttons and wheels as the Pro 2 and in reality they are more an orangish red. They both look nice to me but yeah there is a simpler design to the Pro 2 that I enjoy. Spec wise Pro 2 was a more expensive synth new and I think they realized they needed to hit a slightly lower price point for a premium mono synth. For me I definitely want a Pro 3 but no way am I getting rid of my Pro 2.

2 Likes

Same feel here. It’s the perfect balance of I like and kinda want this but It’s not made me regret getting my p2 last year.

1 Like

I suppose with the leak they let inhalt share his patches early… it is sounding fantastic to my ear. :open_mouth:

11 Likes

The sequencer is up to 64 steps!

1 Like

Think ill hold out on this. However if this was my first synth it would be a very wise buy!

Any idea on price? The link to zzsounds just says it’s no longer available…

Edit. Got from the Sequential link :+1:

1 Like

Wowza!

I had wanted a Pro 2 for ages and came to the conclusion that it was just too much hot-rod for me. How could I even drive one?

This might be even more hot-rod.

4 Likes

Wow! This is pretty sweet looking… could be just the ticket to celebrate the end of my year of synth buying abstinence on the 1st January 2021… definitely looking forward to seeing the walk through videos.

I imagine that with it’s 16 track sequencer driving the internal synth, and a couple of synths on the midi outs and a couple more on the CV outs that it could act as quite the hub for an OTB setup. Especially if you had a DT/OT/DN clocking it (and sequencing some more stuff via the midi thru)…

2 Likes

Wear dark shades. Especially indoors. Seems that’s the uniform for anything hot rod related…:sunglasses:

1600, 2100 for SE (USD)

1 Like

Seems pretty cool, but I can’t help feeling they’re getting run down by all the other AWESOME alternatives out there. I guess the only thing that would make this really stand out would be the internal sequenced modulation. I really like DSI/Sequential’s stuff, but poly is where they are strong to be honest. I would like to see a more experimental poly coming from them sometime soon! Or a P6 with some per-voice/poly AT modulation would be fun as well. Something like a mix of Sequential/Black Corporation.

I am diggin’ those sounds as well. I am very interested in this one. I liked the sound of the AS-1, but couldn’t get on with the form factor. This should give me that, and a whole lot more. It can cover a lot of bases, and is a very full featured mono synth with a lot of modulation options and a great sequencer. Glad he went with the VCO’s on this one as well.

1 Like

Very NICE ! But since i have my MI Ambika … kinda similar in some way so i dont really need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same size as Virus TI Polar, maybe I should sell my OB-6 and get this to pair with Virus :wink: