Sequencing external gear

I can not get velocity out from my Model Samples.Pitch and and note lenght is ok though so I must be doing something right.The manual says it’s sending velocoty out but the trig note menu’s velocity control only sends velocity on/off to my Behringer Neutron/td 3.Any suggestions?

Does this link help? It looks as though it might - Model:Samples Midi implementation chart - Elektron Gear / Model:Samples - Elektronauts

This doesn’t make any sense. When a Midi note is sent it is bound implicitly with the velocity. Whether it’s varying is up to you to program and also how it is harnessed, but you cannot get note without velocity. So this isn’t anything to do with the MS

1 Like

Avantronica,thanks for helping.
Do you know what else which doesn’t make sense?A seven hundred dollar synth like Neutron not supporting velocity over midi!

hi, I’m not sure I can help but something simple which might be overlooked (or might not) is that something is intercepting part of your note data, in this case the velocity. I don’t see anything about your signal path, are you by chance going through a quadra thru or any kind of midi hub or are you connected directly by din? is this running through a daw or is it just hardware to hardware? is there any other gear inbetween where this is passed as a thru message? aside from that, if any data is passing through and there is nothing inbetween you can always check the cable just for reassurance by swapping it out for another, but I’m also of the opinion that the data shouldn’t be getting filtered out in a direct link. I think it should be tied together as one message. Sorry I can’t be more helpful than that.

in this thread:

@Schnork says

so perhaps if you have the td-3 before the neutron, you need to set it up in software first… I don’t know much about behringer gear sorry just know how search works but at least something to investigate.

I sequenze directly via 5pin din,and I have checked and know for a fact that Neutreon does not support velocity over midi.
I’ll try accent on the Td3 though…Thanks.
Nothing wrong with the Model Samples/Cycles.I’ve tried them sequenzing each other and everything works fine

neutron really doesn’t? that’s super weak… not to diss their product or your purchase but that would be frustrating. I think the td3 could at least be fun to do that with so there’s something at least. good luck man, sorry I couldn’t be more help with the other issue but I guess it’s just crippled for cc in.

Pretty sure it does but you have to patch assignable out to make it happen.
Imass out

2 Likes

You can do it in the patch bay…velocity into assign!Anyways Elektron rules…without p locks your fuxxed.

I’ll try that later…If it wont work I have to do it in the patch bay…Thanks!

1 Like

To me it seems you‘ll have to configure the assignable out as velocity and them patch from the Assign Out into VCA CV In for velocity on volume, PW1 or PW2 In for velocity on pulse width and to Freq Mod In for velocity on filter.
You can also go from Assign Out to Att In and from Att Out then to VCA CV, PW, Freq Mod etc if you want to control the amount of velocity modulation (use Attenuator 1 knob).
If you wanted to control more than one target with velocity, go from Assign Out into Mult In and then you have two copies you can patch from Mult1 Out and Mult2 Out.
Again, if you want to control the amount of velocity modulation, patch from Mult1 Out into Att In and from Att Out into one target (control amount with Attenuator 1 knob) and patch from Mult2 Out into Att2 In and from Att2 Out into the second target (control amount with Attenuator2 knob).

Gotta love patchetti. :grin:

I also sequence my Neutron directly via 5 pin DIN and can tell you categorically that Neutron does indeed support velocity over MIDI. You can enable velocity as a filter mod source in the app:

and you have the assignable option for the patch bay too.