Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I just grabbed one at Thomann… No blue or silver ones in stock so red it is…

2 Likes

It arrived today!!

Immediately made a track with it

25 Likes

For those in the US, Proaudiostars claims on the product page that it will arrive before the end of the year

1 Like

Guitarcenter claims early January these will ship.

1 Like

Btw, meanwhile the TD-3 Mod Thread on Gearslutz is going pretty crazy and today the creator of the Devilfish mods chimed in.

10 Likes

Can anyone confirm whether it response via MIDI for accent (using a velocity threshold) and slide (overlapping notes)?
This seems standard to me but apparently some 303 clones don’t do this. I prefer sequencing from Engine so am hoping this works well.

3 Likes

IIRC slides work with overlapping notes and in the synth tool software you can configure the velocity threshold for accent.

2 Likes

What is the gear list of this track? And audio interface. Excellent quality work here.

Behringer TD-3-BU
Digitakt (not via OB, but usb-midi sync and audio to focusrite)
Focusrite scarlett 6i6
Ableton Live10

303 line logically from behringer, all other tracks except speech from DT, recorded seperately (meaning both as individual tracks as one by one…) into Live10. Speech sampled from youtube directly to Live10. Mix, compression, reverb and delay done in Live10

Only used (layered) factory samples from DT for all the rhythm tracks

3 Likes

The TD-3 really fills up a track in the right hands.

1 Like

F@cking nice :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

An old video I stumbled on just now when searching Devilfish 303. So funny.

3 Likes

That track is top shelf! Nice work.

1 Like

The moment we all have waited for

3 Likes

Can only echo the other folks

Really swish work :muscle:

1 Like

So, no midi chart?
Can we control the slide from an Elektron box’s sequencer?

I quickly tried all the CC channels from the Digitone and nothing seems to respond (except for the pitch bend on the SYN1 page).

Does overlapping gates not do it?

It does when I play notes on the Digitone keyboard, but not when triggered by Digitone’s sequencer. Am I missing something?

Can you overlap programmed notes by altering note lengths on your Digi?

That’s what triggers slides on an MB33 (and is a logical implementation).

A new note stops the previous one, no matter its lenght.