Screen replacement RYTM MKI

Hi, do you think a [Newhaven] (https://www.digikey.at/de/supplier-centers/newhaven-display) NHD-12232WG-EYYH-V#A will fit? It is REV/E and has a Supply Voltage of 3,3V ? LG Michael

Thank you! Got a message from Elektron about them! :

Yes, they are the same. Unfortunately, I can’t recommend other displays than the original one since we haven’t tested it.

Best regards,
C.
So i will try to use them, because of the cool yellow colour! Original Displays from Elektron are at a very moderat pricepoint ca. €13.- + Shipping!

LG Michael

1 Like

Hello
would you be so kind to pass me info about this screen? I need to replace mine
thanks

hello did you replace the screen?

is it this one?
https://www.mouser.es/ProductDetail/Newhaven-Display/NHD-12232WG-EYYH-VA?qs=3vk7fz9CmNxzgRgU9LnB3Q%3D%3D

I got it from that ebay seller, but it was too expensive (£60 iirc) so maybe check some of the other options in this thread.

Last week I bought 2 new screens from Elektron for my Rytm and A4. Total of €48,- incl. tax and fast shipping with UPS. Just send a e-mail to usercare@elektron.se and they will take care of it very fast.

3 Likes

Yes this is the one! The Newhaven Technic Guy told me that they should work!
I ordered them at Digikey a few days ago!
LG

My AK screen seemed pretty goosed, so just now inwas attempting to desolder it to remove and check underneath to order a new one, but couldn’t get the last few bits out with my crappy manual solder pump, so decided to try one last time while it was still connected, and it works now! Guess the solder has cracked on one of the pins or something, and the reflowing (?) fixed the screen glitches I was seeing.

If anyone wants to see pics of the AK in a state of undress lemme know, it’s still in bits in the back room :slight_smile:

3 Likes

can i ask if you manage to get the newhaven display working ?
like the color and mine need to be replaced … thanks !

Need to replace the faded screen on my AK. Was hoping to grab one from Elektron direct but then got this message…

"Unfortunately, those displays are completely sold out at the moment, and the current restocking estimate is Q1 next year. The original part is LCD, White 122x32 3V / Winstar / WG12232A-TFH-V#A. I doubt you will be able to track it down, but I encourage you to try. Maybe you can find it in a shop that has just a few left.

What I can offer is a completely new user interface board at a discount, or I can send you a used screen in good condition.

Regards,

Fredrik"

2 Likes

Hey I thought mine needed replacing too but I opened it up and adjusted the contrast potentiometer next to the screen and it was like brand new. It’s worth a shot!

Does the AK have the contrast potentiometer? My AK display is a little faded on one side though not a problem at most angles. Only if I’m right above it does it become hard to read.

Yes

3 Likes

I replaced mine 3 weeks ago (AK). Tried without success to trim the contrast pot.
Elektron sent me one of the last (maybe the last one) LCD display. A TV repairman did the desoldering/soldering stuff.

2 Likes

Had a bash at this this afternoon and think I’ve nailed it by adjusting the little contrast screw. Can’t recall who shared the AR innards photos but they helped as I was expecting a little pot think to turn.

Not a particularly hard thing to do, lots of screws and some care with ribbon cables but got there in the end. Very small tweaks of the potentiometer go a very long way!

3 Likes

Hi All,
So my Rytm screen was starting to go bad and I purchased this one from Reverb seller:

Just got it installed by my shop and it works by the brightness of the display is extremey subpar and very hard to see the items on the dispay unless you strain.

If i was sent a 5v display would that cause the screen to not be bright enough?
It came with a pig tail adjustment screw attached to it but it does nothing and I set the contrast screw in the board but it does very little to help make the display better visible.

I got that same display 2 years ago before the originals became available on Elektron. I installed it with no hassle and worked ok, just didnt like that it wwas too blueish. Are you sure it was properly installed? Mine was crisp and bright! But now I have the original display from Elektron. I’m sure they will have stock soon.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m assuming it was installed correctly? There is no backlighting tho like your pic. If you look at the reverb ad it looks nothing like yours. it’s a black background and not blue. Mine looks like the reverb ad. I just brought it down to my studio and can barely see the display now as there is less light in my studio. It’s basically unuseable.

The pic I upladed shows a much more blue color than it really was. And of course the 2 cables that power the LED of the LCD have to be soldered. If it doesnt look like the original but inverted in a black almost blue background and nomal backlight then you have been conned or received a faulty item. Looks like the same seller.