Science Lab Challenge, September 2015 [Submissions Thread]

Chords! Drums! Polyphony! Strange noises! Everything all at once!

1 mono track
45 parameteres automated
No program changes, sound locks, p locks, fx or post.

I only really used Overbridge to split the incoming audio channels before but this challenge has made me totally rethink the Analog Four + Overbridge.

Whole new paradigm and set of possibilities.

:+1:

[url=“http://<iframe”]hey guys, here 's my Experience!

one track, Overbridge (public Beta) in Logic Pro X

…manual Automation. Great Job!

Great entries!!! Here’s my contribution to this ScienceLab Challenge edition.

Short Glitchy track using only one of Elektron’s Analog Rytm 16 tracks. On the same track I alternated both the analog synth (for the hard kick) and the digital synth (for the remaining glitchy sounds). Ableton was used for automating Rytm’s parameters. Enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/XCYgGgvNltE

Made with my adored Analog Keys! Finally a good occasion to dive into the Overbridge awesomeness.

Here is my entry, had a lot of fun working with overbridge - hope you enjoy!

Here`s my submission. The BD1 Track of my Analog Rytm. Kick and Hat are the analog part, the other sounds are samples.

1 Track of the Analog Four bears witness to many seemingly unrelated movements in the overbridge system on deck C.

It was fun trying to coax as much out of one track as possible. Definitely learnt a lot about the subtleties of the Keys doing this challenge (although that could be because I was too lazy to read the manual properly!)

https://vimeo.com/140243051

What’s missing is some nice glitchy RYTM drums :wink:

P.S. I made the video in the background in a cool program called Artmatic.

Submission for Lab Challenge by M.Lewis Osborne aka Lewlife. Thanks!

My submission for the Challenge - Analog Four, One track, all automation in Ableton Live, sound locks on the machine. I had fun!

My entry
Analog Rytm
One track. The BD track.
All automation and sequencing done in Ableton via Overbridge
No p-locks, trigs or other parameters via the Rytm

first attempt

from a completely empty init kit

still getting to know this machine ;O

ack… still figuring out the forum as well…

My first song with Analog Rytm and Overbridge software. I have found interesting sounds. Thanks for listening.

Cool entries!

It’s still 4.5 hours left until deadline, so get your video posted before then.

Good luck!

Here is my submission.

It’s a 16 bars track at 128 bpm, which makes 30 seconds… No locks were used. All sounds were generated from scratch on track 1. In the fx section, the delay time was set to 1 bar, in order to be able to “loop” a bar (or part of bar) once it is played (in particular for drums).

So, in this track, the analog four was used as a drum machine, a kind of sampler and of course a “classic” synth !

As for the visual aspect, when possible, the automation was set in ableton to follow the “grid” of the filters in overbridge, to draw geometric shapes.

Hope you enjoy !