SB-1 Space Bee

Din Sync Gilbert sequenced by SH-01a?

3 Likes

its kinda funny, sonically, the SH01a is pretty close to the original, warts and all,

4 Likes

Ill probably buy this if this happens. It looks so beautiful and well constructed.

2 Likes

I’ve really considered it, that would be the closest I can think of. In this situation, after what I’ve gone through, I’ve sort of “made my bed” and am grateful for what I’ve had, but for others venturine the path, I’d say this is the way to go. Especially while you can get an
sh-01a for under $300.

2 Likes

I was hyped, propably worth the wait. I am happy with the Boutique.

Replica 3340 - Hmm, why not the CEM one? If it is the Cool Audio one then that seems kind of pointless given the MS-1, AFAIK there are a couple of other 3340 replicas now, I wonder if it might use one of these. I also wonder has anyone done a shootout comparing the different 3340s?

The re101 seems to be making good progress.

1 Like

I really liked the portability/controller aspect of the SB-1, a nice synth you can use as a controller/hub when you’re on the road. I used to travel a fair bit for work and always took something for boring evenings in hotel rooms.

3 Likes

& polyphonic!

needs the FM mod to VCO :crazy_face: external too!

Looks still very good! In a recent update they talk about Future support for microtonailty

2 Likes

New update!

8 Likes

Any updates on this? Anyone kickstart this?

1 Like

Man that ticks so many boxes for me, aside from the actual synth architecture (SH-101 already covered here) but still tempting because it looks so nice.

But the construction, repairability, and design are probably amongst the best I have ever seen.

I hope they are not using the Cool Audio 3340 though.

I wonder if they will do a 303 in that style, that would be hard to resist.

4 Likes

I was pretty keen on this, they are still updating but seems like they have been hit by the chip shortage and supply chain disruptions.

1 Like

I already have a SH01a (which I adore). I really want this because of they way its crafted. it’s so gorgeous.

4 Likes

Yeah same, I was particularly attracted to the form factor and bluetooth. When I was really looking at it I was travelling a lot for work and it woulda been perfect for chucking in a small bag. I’ll just see when they come out but I’ll just see whats happening then.

Oof, it looked great but I’m glad I didn’t Kickstart. I hope they release it and it’s an option to buy at some point though!

1 Like

I seem to be on my own … I didn’t like the look of this … monotone and flat.

I love it. would ave jumped at it when first announced, but now probably not so much.

who am I kidding, I’d still love it :partying_face:

1 Like