SB-1 Space Bee

1 Like

It’s spot on… think we can assume it’s going to be around the £700-800 mark from what he said.

1 Like

The new (i guess shorter) action on the keyboard is something that needs testing. It likely is excellent but is something to consider.

So what the “unique accelerometer keytar feature” that is mentioned at 7:05 in the video. Sounds fun. So it’s not pure SH-101, the battery and the keyboard action, the accelerometer, and the second layer to the sequencer are added. Thoughtful additions of useful features. Sounds like the sequencer is powerful.

I like to see startups who know what they’re about.

With the battery in Keytar mode, and an audio transmitter plugged in, and you’d be entirely free. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Amazing, looks like a dream 101! I thought I heard talk of FM but after rewatching it I couldn’t find any mention. It’s a really awesome feature on the MS101. Takes it to a different level much like Avalon did with the 303. two sequencer lanes is dope.

2 Likes

Sadly I think it’s likely going to be a tad too much for me – I would love one, because of the sound (which is spot on, as you say) and because it looks gorgeous, but not sure I can justify it, especially as I am most likely going to succumb to getting a Matriarch later in the year… Still I hope they do really well. Obviously a lot of love gone into it.

2 Likes

I’d like both too - though I can probably forgo the Matriarch as my Two Voice Pro covers a fair amount of the same ground and I tend to prefer the Oberheim sound if push comes to shove… think this one will be harder to resist.

2 Likes
1 Like

A couple brutal interviews, but I don’t blame him. I’d be exhausted if I had to talk to people all day long, answering the same questions over and over. The product looks pretty badass, and sounds fantastic. I can’t say whether I’ll get one, but I definitely want to find out more (price, availability, more sound demos).

2 Likes

yeah not the best sales person but you know it’s a small shop and probably their first show … I am curious to see how they’re gonna price it … probably more expensive than the behringer 101

1 Like

Looks like it is live on Kickstarter now.

2 Likes

Very pretty. Think I’ll stick with my sh-01a though.

1 Like

“From here the possibilities are endless.”
toward the end of the KS video – so they have other long range product development goals.

Nice package that would justify the premium for some. Looks like they’ll make their goal.

1 Like

I love using my OP-1 with my OT because I can write synth parts anywhere but i’d much rather being using a portable analog synth, bass for dayzzz! Super cool!

Possibilities are endless is quite a broad statement…

Add wheels
Time travel
Multitimbral
White keys
Smoke machine
Baby elephant feeder
Fraking gas machine.

Or something synth related…
I don’t like the keyboard

5 Likes

The dollars at KS are going crazy – the question now is how many multiples of their goal they will hit. This synth certainly pleases a lot of people.

1 Like

If I had cash to burn I’d love to get one. Gonna have to pass tho :-1:t3:

also, the next time I have that sorta cash in my possession I’m heading on back to Monomachine Town :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous. That and an OP-1 (or whatever it’s successor is) would make a clean, portable setup.

Kind of thought it might have a genuine 3340 rather than a replica for this price, I wonder if it is the Behri/Cool audio clone chip or another?

Looks nice, but not for me as I’m happy enough with the SH-01a, I hope it does well though.

4 Likes

Do it ! Do it !

1 Like

899…for a 3340 clone. Man I can get a pro 2 used for 400 more. I think I’ll just do that. This is sexy though

1 Like