Samples from Mars Black Friday

how much of a pain is it to work with these in the OT or DT? do you need to do some serious organization before you transfer them? or do you just do the Essentials pack and move on?

I mean some of the packs have over 2k samples on their own. that’s a lot to sort through…

1 Like

I just transfer what I want to use. On the DT, that’s the classic Roland kits. On the OT, I think I just dumped everything on there (unsure if I had to convert as OT only supports up to 44.1KHz/24bit). The folder structure is well-organized.

It’s absurd value for the sale price.

Personally, I pulled out a few files that I liked from the categories/ folders that interested me at the time. I didn’t go through them all, I more or less randomly picked them because I don’t have time or energy to sift through hundreds of samples.

Haven’t used them on an Elektron box per se, but each pack has two file paths: individual hits based on type (kick, snare, etc.) and specific kits (usually 8-10 voices). They’re named in a way that kits tend to stick together when sorted alphabetically. And they’re all in 44.1 KHZ IIRC, so they should be OT-ready.

One of the first things I do when getting a new sampler is upload the essentials bundle. I’m pretty sure a lot of people on here do the same.

1 Like

thanks for the advice! the price is too good to pass up so I’m giving them a shot :+1:

1 Like

I like to choose a grid length (e.g. 64) in DigiChain, then drag and drop a handful of folders while holding down the SHIFT key, DigiChain then randomly selects samples from the dropped folders up to the grid length chosen. I can then build out some random sample chains to get inspired by. (Shift-clicking the ‘reset sort order’ button will also do another randomization of the selected samples in the list.

The selected actions buttons can be used to trim and normalize the samples, Shift+clicking the truncate button lets you specify a length to truncate the samples to if there are long ones in the list, fade-out adds a micro-fade to zero crossing to help reduce clicks.

3 Likes