Samples from Mars Black Friday

Yeah, that’s what I did

Oh. There might be ableton files in the .wav folder.

Only if I had previously opened them in Ableton?

Once I get on the computer I’ll take another look at the folders. I figured it was something to do with the file names. Maybe unsupported characters?

No, it’s from the person who crafted the samples. They sometimes modulate them and leave the ableton file there so you can tweak them even more.

There are no Ableton files in any of my WAV folders.

Okay, I bought the whole thing. Or rather, the hoarder that lives in me bought it.

I’m thinking of it as nourishment in bulk to feed the Digitakt—like a big sack of pet food.

3 Likes

Anyone bought the Linn Drum samples? How do you like them?

Any free samples for the Linn Drum?

I’ve got them. They’re good, but I’ve literally never taken the time to find a place for them in my music.

1 Like

Thank you @m0ld! I will probably start a new Project (Album) with the 80s in the back of my mind.

I’ve even checked the prices for a real Linn Drum. :rofl:

1 Like

Looking forward to it! I just remembered Reverb actually used to have a free Linndrum sample pack. I assume it’s still there somewhere.

Edit: just checked, it’s still there and still free.

2 Likes

The samples from Samples from Mars are in 24 bit. I don’t remember if Transfer downbit the samples to 16 when imported to the DT?

I just checked the Transfer manual and if I’m reading it correctly, it does indeed convert them automatically! Page 8 for reference.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to search the answer! :heart::pray:

I usually do it myself, I swear. :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks like the BF sale is still running. Can anyone who has the complete bundle chime in and tell me if you can download individual sample packs one by one, or do you just have to grab the whole lot in one go?

You’ll get a SendOwl personal url with the download links, you can download them a set number of times, and they are each pack listed separately for download.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s exactly what I needed to know. :pray:

1 Like

It also includes an “essential” pack that includes a cut down version of all the other packs you can use to get an idea of them before deciding what to download fully.

1 Like

That’s cool. Thanks for pointing it out. Sounds like a good place to start.

This is a good advice.

I would rename it from “essential…” to “best of the complete pack”.

If they did they wouldn’t sell the complete pack in such large numbers. :wink: :grinning:

EDIT: I have both and the essential pack is a time saver.