Rytm Updates!?

I’d say digitakt and digitone are the more sold units.

1 Like

i think so too

All of the above do not have to be mutually exclusive. Elektron is relatively small, and has gone through a lot of internal changes over the past couple of years. They also have more on the market than ever. I wouldn’t worry.

People made such a colossal stink over Overbridge, that obviously that’s where a lot of their resources went. I know they have different people working on everything, but half of the people on this forum alone were saying things like they wouldn’t buy a new product unless Overbridge got finished.

They have a bigger product line from top to bottom than they ever have before, they have multiple software components, and still seem to push out interesting updates from time to time. Just maybe not at the pace everyone would like.

If the Dual VCO update doesn’t constitute good support, then I’m not sure what does.

I think you’ll find that the big machines get some updates. However, they’re also the most mature out of the product line, so maybe not all that rapidly. I know the MkII machines are technically new, but they’re still older hardware repackaged. That’s not the same as completely new gear like the Digis or even the M:S. It may look like those have been the focus, but that’s because there’s more to update on them at this point in time, while the A4 and Rytm got a lot of their updates in previous years.

5 Likes

People made such a colossal stink over Overbridge, that obviously that’s where a lot of their resources went.

I admire Elektron hardware. But I am not naive about external factors that Overbridge has to deal with.

Elektron are making unique machines. However, I do see interesting developments at other manufacturers. It’s quite simple, time will tell.

If it were up to me, Overbridge wouldn’t exist, and all development efforts would go into hardware. :smiley: I think turning physical hardware into a plugin… …doesn’t make sense. Something something Chewbacca Defense.

8 Likes

A good development is that Elektron looks at the user interface like on the Model-Samples. There’s a bright future when it comes to that.

1 Like

Dude, their UI has been on a steady incline since the Octatrack. Each new machine has had significantly approach to all the things they want to stick in a box.

I think at some point they want to return to a feature heavy machine like the OT, but they want to do it right.

A4 had the introduction of the little keyboard(a SIGNIFICANT improvement from the MnM method)

AR had the pads which ALSO was jam packed with features while also made the machine more playable

The Analog Heat was a venture into a more simplified interface(it was basically the MS part one)

The Digitakt tried fusing their sound design tactics with a sorta AH approach

The Digitone(same as before, but applied to the sound design element)

And finally the MS- their most user friendly machine to date(especially if they ever release the battery for it)

2 Likes

And once they finish the firmware, and support underpinnings, they can take that knowledge and put it (and lessons learned) towards a new flagshippy design. I wouldn’t want them to bother with new product lines until they’ve had the full 2.0 launch and had some post-mortem analysis anyway.

The good thing is more focus on the hands on instead of looking at a DAW screen.

1 Like

As long as I can get the individual tracks over USB, that’s all that really matters to me.

The rest, there can be just a max for live device.

The oscilloscope is cool, but frankly I only use it to pretend I know what I am doing

1 Like

While I agree with you almost entirely, I’d only say that I really liked the keyboard representation that shows up on the screen for the Monomachine (and Octatrack, right? I’m blanking at the moment, but yeah, OT too I think). Looking at the note name on the A4MkII is alright, but I miss the keyboard on screen when doing parameter lock editing.

i say if they had put overbridge to trash no one would miss that interface, they do have problems with it for years and a lot of diy programmers had such better ideas over time and the OSs would have been their main focus. Class compliant audio is all you need for recording individual tracks or a sum of the whole incredible sounding machine…
there a so many recording solutions and with individual hardware outputs I don‘t get the point of al that hassle.

5 Likes