Rytm Updates!?

Hi y’all
Is there any news or rumors regarding any further updates for the Rytm mkii? Seems to have gone quiet…

1 Like

no news or rumours, Elektron don’t have a record of teasing updates recently, there was an official hint of developments on the Heat and there was no news at the event it was expected at, these days it’s basically news when you know about it, best just wait whilst they navigate through OB and see what comes

5 Likes

I just wish they would put out some reassurance that the Rytm will enjoy continued support and updates including additional features

it surely will

5 Likes

I would assume that they keep on updating their flagship products.

no one knows what their priorities are though :wink:

aside from track scaling, not sure what more could they add tbh

I’d love to be wrong of course

2 Likes

What is the philosophy behind not saving BPM per pattern?
IDGI

3 Likes

Nobody knows - take it or leave it :tumbler_glass::wink:

2 Likes

My disappointment, that the control input modulation system (the sole reason I chose to upgrade to the MKII) still doesn’t function as it should, cannot possibly be overstated.

Waking up to see a feature update to the Heat before bugs have been addressed on a box twice the price truly galls me.

Always-smooth transitions between patterns, in the manner of a beat-matched DJ set.

4 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense, but seems bizarre you can’t have different bpms in a project… maybe a menu option would be better (latch bpm?). If you could name patterns at least I could put it in there but alas…

I’m pretty sure that we will see scale per track on both Rytm and A4. This feature is available in all other machines including the Model:Sample, would be a shame to not have it on their two flagship analog machine.

4 Likes

Screen saver that switches off the screen completely like digi boxes,
Improved parameter scaling it’s too jumpy compared to all the others.
Scale per track would be nice since cheaper products got an update for it

1 Like

It’s all about the 5 year development of BD RINGMOD

5 Likes

not sure if parameter resolution can be added, might be a hardware limitation… although more precision is available if one uses an LFO, so there is some hope I guess

Most companies rely on earning money, so they will develop new products to rake some cash in, with a growing count of products they usually tend to shift working power towards new products, that leads to discontinued and less cared older products… Which leaves further conclusions to your imagination ;)…

I just mean the sensitivity on some pages it’s hard to dial in the value you want it moves to fast, I don’t want extra values. There is a thread about encoder sensitivity think someone said the had fixed the same issue on the A4 mk2 through an update

My RYTM MK1 is still getting updates. At some point there will be no more room for optimization, only personalization (optional configs of some sort). To be honest, I think everybody got way more than they expected. Elektron are doing a great job still updating these machines in my opinion. Not many companies do this. Novation would be a company I would add to doing this.

I think its totally alright for them to shift resources towards new products. With spare time or maybe just a new idea, they can go back and develope the machines that are already pretty good.

My 2 cents…

4 Likes

This issue is present on the mk II? I only have a mk I, didn’t know about that… Although now that I think about it, that issue is present on my OT mk II, the encoders are overly sensitive… If so, that should certainly be fixed for all the mk II’s, if it’s possible to fix it on the A4 then it should be possible for all of them, right?

1 Like

It’s something I believe will get swept up eventually, it has to, as some parameters are not easily edited unless you are a Swiss watch maker or something

4 Likes