Rytm Updates!?

yeah I get that all the time when setting pgm chng values on my OT :tongue:

1 Like

BD ringmod? You can do it with DVCO

BD ringmod appears in the Plastic machine a while before that, the comment relates to a long-standing saga where the manual teased info on a ringmod BD, the reference to which took some time/years to be removed

5 Likes

Ahhh I understand! I missed this one!

1 Like

At least the bugs should be fixed.

2 Likes

I really hope an update for the AR etc. is what Cenk meant when he said “There’s something really cool coming out from Elektron for you guys in a few weeks” when I talked to him last Friday at ESB. He said “it may not be a new product’, so it could be more updates…

1 Like

I think id like to have the more detailed sample interface that the digitakt has…being able to play with the waveform and lock sections of the sample to trigs etc

With all respect, but it’s still the fact that Overbridge is the biggest bottleneck for machine OS updates the last 5 years. Now Elektron is preparing for hurricane Catalina :wink:

2 Likes

I think we got trig condis and new machines while OB was being worked on, no?

2 Likes

That’s a long time ago. But you can recognize how cumbersome Overbridge is.

For example yesterday’s AH OS 1.20 update. Normally they would do these things over the whole product line (if hardware possible). So class compliant audio over USB, screen saver turns off (already on Digitone). They could have done more on screen graphic’s on the A4/AR mk2 machines like we see on the DT/DN. You know the small details.

There is no finish on Overbridge with major macOS/Windows plus DAW software upgrade’s. Also on the horizon the transition from Intel to ARM chips on the Mac…

Next year we could say these things over again and again etc…

Elektron needs someone like Steve Jobs or Trevor Horn who dare to abort projects that are no good in the long term.

The A4 mk2 encoders work perfectly as far as I can tell,
No need to push them in to turn fast like the mk1
not experienced any issues with OT mk2 with sensitivity but only recently got it,
The AR mk2 is really difficult to set retrig values and on other certain pages it’s the same.
Definitely seems to need adjusting compared to the others

Lol, half the reason I bought nearly there whole lineup is because of overbridge,
No other hardware offers such great integration with software and ableton.

1 Like

What OS are you on — 1.36B2?

an update to add scale per track could make the Rytm mk2 more appealing to new customers, a lot of the sequencer features are selling points

2 Likes

Just checked ,. yes

1 Like

Good for you, but after all those years of Overbridge development it’s still beta.

1 Like

And you’re saying that you have no issues when mapping performance macros or dealing with the performance macro list page? (the page you’re sent to before choosing the macro to start mapping?)

Or parameters (system wide) changing on their own?

Or the tune knob getting reset when function + turning to reset the fine tune knob?

very true.

But to update higher end products would help to continue selling them instead of turning over to other products given the frustrating lack of support.

I do hope elektron doesnt think it has sold all the mk2 products already :wink:

is the model samples way of thinking really more profitable ? maybe in the short term, I guess.
I ve seen more model samples hitting the re-sale market than AR MK II’s …

2 Likes

That is why I said as far as I can tell, but I’ve only had it 3-4 months.
If there are sensitivity encoder problems
It’s no where near as obvious as Rytm mk2 as this happens on main pages and functions.
Not experienced the other issues you mentioned

1 Like

I love my rytm mkii but i feel it could be more polished.
I just have this foreboding that they are more focused on the DT/DN footprint as a way forward…the mkii’s could be the last of their kind!?
Hope im wrong though!!!