Rytm OS 1.32 speculation

Hmmmm. About 2.40 in and 19.10 in. Possible in mk1?

I sincerely doubt it. If, for no other reason, the screen isnā€™t big enough. MK2 exclusive

Never thaught of the screen, migth be difficult to implement the sampling page in mk1. But it seems that it could be possible to sample the mains on mk1 IF the external in works like in the mk2. Iā€™m happy as is with the mk1, but sampling or resampling would be cool.

I just meant resampling. There isnā€™t the slightest capability to sample in the mk1 no A/D converters. Ins direct to compressor- thatā€™s it

1 Like

Ok. I probably missunderstood cuckoo, or had a case of wishfull thinking/hearing, when he talks of sampling the master in the video. Will get the Octatrack again, when I can afford it, but whilst watingā€¦

1 Like

Hello?

Why would you want to go back to the computer? You can already launch sequencer patterns by sending program changes.

I donā€™t think there is a pass thru, you have to use up a track.

Hi!

2 Likes

Yep, is a pass thru!

I thought you needed to use a track and set up trigs to open the Amp envelope?

Itā€™s just direct through to compressor and out. I put Monomachine to the RTYM line in for this.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks. Iā€™m sure it will come in handy as the GAS is still on.

'cos my ageing eyes struggle with the small display on the Elektron units.

can confirm and its also mention by Elektron that Rytm MK1 in is pass through only ā€¦ I use it for my reverb pedal in live sets.

Really hoping that the RYTM mk1 gets some love soon. I would really like to hear that VCO Bass machine but even more Iā€™d love to have a proper sample management system that shows available hdd space and such. I saw that the DT just got that in 1.0.5, hopefully they are working on RYTM as itā€™s been ā€œin the worksā€ for quite some time.

3 Likes

I hope @Elektron has not forgotten us

A good bass machine for Rytm would be wonderful! Itā€™s crying out for it imo.

Is there any actual statement by Elektron that the Rytm mk1 will get another OS update or are we just speculating?

yes, there was
i think in the mkii intro video

1 Like

Hereā€™s this:

And in this video at about 3:15 Cenk says that the mk1 will get the new dual vco synth voiceā€¦

3 Likes