Rytm OS 1.32 speculation

Computers should remain in the studio

a matter of ignorance on my part then. id guess that wishing for a “one shot” setting, having the sequencer going for whatever bars the pattern has (not looping) is wishing for something that is already possible?

I agree but it depends on what you’re aiming for in a live performance. Replacing computers with hardware is not smart unless you’re really getting paid a lot of money for your show (and all the hardware you’d need to get quality sound). I’m not really into remixing/sampling and since the AR’s sample manipulation is pretty basic and the sound quality of the pitch shift/ timestretch is on the weak side judging from the OTMK2, I’m not interested. I mean, correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t sample the ARMK2 's output (or input) while the sequencer is playing and then immediately have that sample auto-cropped, sliced and available for triggering without stopping the beat, so I don’t see the point.

I think that may be possible, look in the manual, at the options available in the Scale page. Not sure if it would work with external clock sync . There is at least one workaround, which is to send a program change to switch to an empty pattern.

i think it was to fool idiots like me who bought without reading the manual and assumed the input had the same capabilities as the Machinedrum for live sampling. To leave it out from just the Rytm MK1 is shady in my book.

The Rytm input is like an emergency input, “Oh shit I don’t have any more inputs…” “Oh yeah that one I never use on the Rytm…” :wink:

I keep meaning to send something through it because after all it does access an analog compressor, but I’ve yet to do so…

1 Like

I’m not even sure mine is an input!
It could lead to Narnia for all I know…

2 Likes

@Elektron any update? it’s been almost half a year already…

1 Like

I wish for independent envelopes for machines AND samples as opposed to just 1 envelope for both

Both Synth and Sample have a LEVEL parameter to give you independent control pre-VCA, as there is only a single VCA per voice.

Amp controls both because both are fed into the mono amp.

49 PM

00 PM

2 Likes

Thanks @AdamJay I meant independent control of the envelope not amp sorry, will edit my post.

Biggest bummer reading the MK2 manual: No “END” being replaced by “LEN” in the sample page, and no fine tune for the sample start/end points. Feels a bit crippled in comparison to the Digitakt.

1 Like

C’MON! where is the update?

1 Like

Yes I’d definitely like to have that option. I’m very use to this from using the Drum Racks via Push 2 on Ableton Live.

Please Elektron; update us, pliiiiiiiiis… Really need the update to be able to use the transfer application!

Was I hallucinating or did I just see a post about the new OS? Seems the post was only up for a brief time then taken down.

I saw that there was an option for adjusting the ext. input volume and I sprang to the the Elektron site only to see that no such thing existed yet. Also a new FM bass machine perked my ears right up!

Really? Sure it wasn’t MK2 updates?

Someone was trolling and said post was hidden/deleted by the mods.

2 Likes

oh well…I wouldn’t expect this update to land before February along with overbridge 2

Curb your enthusiasm is the name of the game now…

1 Like

Hope they get a big chunk o’ coal for X-mas

1 Like