Rytm mkII pads bug

Mine is also back from Sweeden. Now the pads respond as they should.

1 Like

Was it part of a defective batch?

I dont know? But my rytm was one of the first produced ones in 2017.

I see- I am still scared of buying one

1 Like

Then pass… There is enough alternative stuff out there…

Digitakt maybe is safer

Is the ARMK2 bugs free now?

1 Like

I have no problem with mine. Had some trouble with the pads but it got fixed by Elektron brilliant support.
It’s an awesome machine !

What’s the pad issue?

Is it present on new units too?

Or only certain serial numbers batch are affected?

Very strange- it could be a batch or a lack of accurate quality control?

Which year was your unit been made?

S16 of year 2018 it seems.

Most likely not, still reports of freezing units out there…

Dieter says delete.

1 Like

Hey i’m maybe going to trade my octa mk1 for an analog mk1. But the owner told me it has this pad bug. How much could it cost to repair it if it’s not under warranty anymore ? Can elektron do it ?

Excuse my english

Welcome to the forum!

You should create a support ticket on Elektron’s website and ask for their advice.

1 Like

I just dit it !

Sharing some insight I’ve had with some flickering pads.

I’m a new Rytm MKii owner (my unit was produced this year, firmware 1.50A) and I’ve been experiencing some flickering pads here and there. First I hooked the Rytm up to MIDI-OX and monitored the Rytm’s output and found no MIDI messages were being sent.

So the next time I saw the flickering I decided to turn the release on that channel’s amp page to zero and immediately the flickering stopped. So my guess is that the flickering is simply related to extraneous noise in the analog circuits reflected in the signal monitoring LEDs.

Has anyone else experienced this specific behavior?
Does anyone actually see MIDI messages being sent out when their pads flicker?

2 Likes

found solution ?

I also have flickering pads and sure enough the ones flickering had full distortion or long tails. seems to be related to audio and the LEDs reflecting the noise floor like you say