Rytm has a burned LCD

fwiw, i had some hardware issues and the support was stellar.

Hardware issues are something Elektron should have fixed before they put them on the market. Crazy encoders and burned screens are inacceptable for such expensives machines. I spend almost 5k euros with their products and all of them have issues. I mean hardware issues, all the bugs in the os(es) are a little bit more ā€œacceptableā€ as long as itā€™s not the freeze one.
Innaceptable to have to paid for a return and have to wait for weeks (maybe months). Maybe there is a special price for a big package return ?
Then a lot of people still have the same problems when they received their machines and sometimes with extra issues with pads by example.
Donā€™t need to be fooled by the fans here, all the forums have their own rules but most of them tend to have serious problems with the swedish hand made products.

3 Likes

Just wanted to give an update as it has been a few months of very rare but occasional usage. My screen has gone completely back to normal. It faded maybe 70% of the way in the first month and a half or so and after close examining today I can say it looks like the day i got it.

6 Likes

For anyone with a passing interest -

My mk1 A4 screen was suffering from burn in, funky encoders and the audio outs would drop out randomly . It is 2 years old. My Digitakt trig 4 was being unresponsive and when it did respond, it was very weird.

Contacted support about both in seperate tickets, and they arranged for both items to be returned and repaired.

They sort all the courier bits and itā€™s a straight forward process. I paid Ā£40 for both to go as one package, and Elektron pay for the return.

Simple and easy. Patrik was very helpful and swift in responses.

They say itā€™ll be between 1-3 weeks for them to be returned, which is giving me time to play with the Digitone.

Obviously I havenā€™t had them back yet, however my experience thus far is positive.

4 Likes

Hi there, my AR screen needs a little love - which resistor can i tweak in your picture please? Which side of the screen is it on?

Looking at the screen is it to the top left corner with a tiny philips screw head?

Iā€™m on this thread reporting a dark patch on my screen after it had been in storage for some months, it went away after about a weekā€¦

Back to report the unit had been in storage for 10 months this time and I was concerned the screen would be messed up againā€¦ Fired it up and all was fine, no issues, stokedā€¦

3 Likes

i just switched my RYTM after almost a year in storage and the screen burn has miraculously disappeared!! i just wondered if yours was still good?

3 Likes

Itā€™s fineā€¦ Just had a phase about 1 1/2 years from purchase after it had been in storage for 6 months, lasted a few days. I left it on and kept switching what the screen showed and it went away. Now Iā€™m at 4 1/3 years and itā€™s never done it againā€¦ Been in and out of storage for months at a time after thatā€¦

1 Like

weird that both our machines have healed themselves! iā€™d like to sell mine, but worried it will start doing it again and iā€™ll end up with a return.

Thank you for this! My RYTM mk1 is now restored to its former glory :wink:

3 Likes

Also have a burned screen on my Rytm. I will try to leave the Rytm on for 24h and see if that helps.

this is still occasionally happening on my MKI :expressionless: slight fade on the right side of the display, which goes away when the machine is used often, but comes back after even just a couple of days of not being usedā€¦might change the display at some point but for now itā€™s well, ok

1 Like

So its going to cost me around 200$ CAN to replace the screen. :unamused:

1 Like

Have u tried to adjust the contrast?

1 Like

Thanks !! That (slightly adjusted the contrast) with letting the Rytm open for 24h fixed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah! but how?

1 Like

Add my Rytm to the lotā€¦ :-/ IMG_20191114_115926|375x500

Adjusting the contrast trimmer fixed my former shady Rytm display, too. :+1:

1 Like

Ehy motone can you help me understand which is the contrast trimmer please?

Thanks a lot man

1 Like