Room acoustics improvement project

Wrapping the rockwool in plastic and then fabric around should work, shouldn’t it?
Afaik thick black garbage bags are often used. If there are no holes and everything’s sealed tightly, I don’t see how particles could escape.
Correct me if I’m wrong.

I can recommend changing the scaling a bit for those waterfall plots to get a better read out.

Frequency response is one thing but the great thing about the waterfall plot is the time portion where you can see how things “ring out”.

Set it to 30-90 db and higher the time to about 500ms. Will give you a good idea of where some of the resonance problems are.

2 Likes

That would work for bass traps. I had it my old house. Left the rockwool in its plastic packaging and covered the remaining holes. But for broadband absorbers i expect it d be less effective as the plastic will reflect high frequencies.

Ah, yeah…forgot about that part…

Regarding the Thomann absorbers, their ceiling absorbers seem to be quite good actually. A friend of mine bought one for the ceiling (I think it’s this one click ) and later another ceiling absorber and also bought a few wall panels. He said the ceiling absorber made a noticeable difference, the wall absorbers didn’t do that much, but everything together was definitely an improvent, but he said he’ll swap the wall panels for something more effective.

I’m always a bit hesitant with those store brands, because you never know if they change something at some point and if that makes the product better or worse…

I guess Thomann would let us return them when not satisfied?

Thanks. That ceiling panel is from the office acoustics line. If the wall one is too maybe that s why he found it not to be effective.

I d rather not have to install multiple ceiling/wall systems before finding a working one, buy yeah i guess returning is possible.

Thomann carries EQ Acoustics which looks like a serious manufacturer.

should’ve put the lumber on the bars sideways and had the road all to yourself! :rofl:

2 Likes