Roli Seaboard Rise

Had my eye on that one since it came out…I think if one considers the expressive possibilities of MPE (pressure per note, vibrato per note, slides & bends per note etc), I think the Linnstrument has the best layout to use these techniques effectively and quickly. Second is the Seaboard in my book, then the Osmose etc.

What I love about the Linnstrument also is that it is self-contained. All its settings are accessible on the hardware without the need for a special software. Considering how expensive these MPE controllers (still) are and how small the companies who make em often are, it’s good to know that I don’t have to rely on the company surviving and supporting the product for me to be able to use the device.

1 Like

The Linnstrument thread.

More virtuoso playing by OBLVYN on a Rise 49 !
( SHORT )

She’s flying here in her own dream space, and the Rise allows her to travel where she imagines.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Here’s a Youtube Playlist where a Jason Turk makes interesting traditional Irish music, often with a guest artist. Jason is always playing a Rise 2 in these videos, mostly like you would a standard keyboard, but not always,. He uses the instrument’s capabilities completely, when it is artistically appropriate. Forty two videos so far, all well produced in interesting locales, and scenery. Well done.

1 Like

Didn’t knew that. Definitely not something I’ll be buying if that’s the case.

It’s like being a criminal that needs to go the police office once a month to make sure you didn’t leave the country.

Has anyone got an E-Mail-Adress from ROLI Luminary HQ? Unfortunately on there website there is no E-Mail-Adress to be found.

I had ordered a Seaboard Rise 2 which was suposed to be delivered today, but was sent back straight away , without a delivery attempt.

Now I would like to initiate a refund. I had a go with there ticket-system, and hope there support-team works better and more professional than there ticket-system.

Problem solved, thank you!

rolisupport@roli.com

More virtuoso playing : Gerald Peter playing a Rise 49 live. ( Short )

1 Like

Sound and possibilites are very impressiv, would have been nice and worth a try - very sad :cry:.