Roli launch 2 new flagship products November 12, and 19

Roli launch 2 new flagship products

from the newsletter i receive :

Good things come in twos. While we can’t possibly tell you what those will be, it’s almost two good to be true if you’ve been waiting for the Next Big Thing from ROLI.

Tune in starting on November 12, and again on November 19, for the launch of our next flagship products.

I’m wondering what it can be.
I’m interested by a second hand Seaboard 25.

But…
i’m waiting to see what they will launch.
Maybe a synth embedding Equator like the grand but affordable … :confused:
an MPE synth would be cool.

Or…
New blocks modules ?
(i would be less interested though)

2 Likes

didn’t they put out a keyboard to help with learning music theory and how to play keys? could be something in the world of music education. would be interesting to see them do some kind of drum pad type device. the roli block isn’t good for that but is usable. ’

i’m curious what they’ll do w/the software bits they’ve acquired from fxspansion

3 Likes

A Tremor 2 with a Dedicated Drum pads would be awesome
or better a Drum Module with Tremor 2 embedded (hardware)

2 Likes

I would settle for them improving the UI on the DCAM stuff!

I’m back to Bitwig which means time to get my Seabord Block out of the closet. Fun device…provided MPE is supported.

1 Like

i think tremor was discontinued along with the fxpansion FX plug ins? can’t recall though…

editL yeah it is considered a legacy product now.

2 Likes

No as Roli buy FXpansion we can hope for new iterations of the software… the FXpansion Team is onboard and working… They made Cypher 2 under Roli… so i would not be surprised to see a Tremor 2 at some point.

2 Likes

it’d be a nice surprise but i really doubt it. i think it actually moved to “legacy status” after Roli took over.

worth reminding that Roli went through some restructuring due to massive debt or something. i forget the details but if you’re curious i’m sure google can set you on the path. the conclusion of that to me was they aren’t laying out lot’s of development cost for all the software and instead are focusing on just a few things.

1 Like

Maybe.
i just remember BFD was acquired by another company so maybe you are right

2 Likes

by INMUSIC that’s akai-air-alesis i think ? :confused:

Whatever it is, I’m out.
I deeply dislike the strategy of the company, the arrogance of the support and the way they threw a new ROLI block out like one year after the first version that simply worked very badly, without any discount for the fools who bought the first version.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t tally with the word ‘flagship’ :slight_smile:

It’ll be interesting to see what’s announced!

2 Likes

Huh? By that logic, Apple should give a discount to current iPhone owners when the new one comes out each year? I’m assuming you’re talking about the Lightpad Block vs Block M, the strike sensitivity issue should have been immediately evident, and you could have returned within the return window. Furthermore, they introduced new firmware updates which fixed issues for some users, and offered an RMA program to replace inaccurate units.

1 Like

One of them is Equator 2, I think they accidentally announced it on Facebook and then removed the post. 199 full price and 99 upgrade. I cant remember everything but it mentioned granular and wavetables and 6 effects slots.

I guess the next announcement will be the seaboard grand 2 maybe???

1 Like

Here we go https://roli.com/products/software/equator2/overview

1 Like

completely forgot a possible Equator 2 that’s cool
Next November the 19 possible a bigger announcement i guess you know you keep the best for the last date :slight_smile:

Funny they put an AR side to side the Equator 2 & TB303

2 Likes

Lights, music, action! LUMI Keys Studio Edition has landed, featuring whole-key illumination, per-key pitchbend and polyphonic aftertouch.

That’s right, you’ll be able to add vibrato on LUMI Keys, similar to how you would on a Seaboard — or a string instrument. And with glowing visualization of every note, chord or arp too, you’ll always be inspired with new musical ideas.

LUMI Keys Studio Edition also integrates seamlessly with your ROLI BLOCKS, letting you control performance or production parameters in real time.

1 Like

Time to get the roli seaboard 25 or 49 second hand at some point
or someone release a MPE with more than 25 keys and a better price.

1 Like

Really interesting.

To me, it’s hilarious. Lights, lights, lights. If I you want leds, set up your Christmas tree.

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, you use Bitwig. If that continues to be the case, using a Role with that DAW is awesome given that Bitwig have an Expressions modulation module you can pop in anywhere to modulate… uh, anything. :smiley:

I have kept my Block for that reason (and that reason only). It really does make software more expressive and feel more like an instrument.

3 Likes